WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

Just saw gits.

Not a crowd pleaser or the ideal gits adaptation but I wish it could've gotten Pacific Rim or Lucy numbers.

Paramount actually tried to make a decent anime adaptation that doesn't totally shit on the fans.

That should count for something.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

Stop kissing ass. You're only doing this because you were half the problem this weekend :ph34r::P

:kitschjob:

I mean, you're not wrong.

Spoiler

But c'mon, I think I was a quarter of the problem at worst.

Edited by Eevin

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

iactuallydidntsaythatbutineededthistonight

On 31/03/2017 at 11:58 AM, WrathOfHan said:

7:00 GITS is ending with 14 tickets sold.

Image result for not a great plan

I'm seriously considering downgrading my prediction to 18M.

Didn't straight up say it, but you said you were considering it. I still stole it and shall reap its glory when I end up coming 20th in this weeks derby.

HELP ME BOT:

Tomorrow morning, I plan to see Ghost in the Shell.  My choice is either Dolby Atmos cinema at 10:30am for 12 bucks, or IMAX 3D at 11:15am for 13 bucks.  The Dolby Atmos sounds tempting because I have never tried that yet (cuz of the high price).  Usually I just go straight to IMAX 3D for special occasions but this handy website has is giving the worst recommendation i have seen thus far for a movie .  However, this negative recommendation seems to be from a lack of 3D, not because it is a horrible presentation.  http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1642080/to-3d-or-not-to-3d-buy-the-right-ghost-in-the-shell-ticket?story_page=2

To those who have seen this, is it worth seeing in 3d?  Does the 3D ruin the movie?  Should I give Dolby atmos a shot for the first time? (but I don't think GitS is going to be strong in the sound department (it seems to be all about the visuals)).  This is a decision I cannot make on my own.  I am afraid I will resort to IMAX 3D.  Help me BOT, your my only hope.

1 minute ago, Matrix4You said:

HELP ME BOT:

Tomorrow morning, I plan to see Ghost in the Shell.  My choice is either Dolby Atmos cinema at 10:30am for 12 bucks, or IMAX 3D at 11:15am for 13 bucks.  The Dolby Atmos sounds tempting because I have never tried that yet (cuz of the high price).  Usually I just go straight to IMAX 3D for special occasions but this handy website has is giving the worst recommendation i have seen thus far for a movie .  However, this negative recommendation seems to be from a lack of 3D, not because it is a horrible presentation.  http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1642080/to-3d-or-not-to-3d-buy-the-right-ghost-in-the-shell-ticket?story_page=2

To those who have seen this, is it worth seeing in 3d?  Does the 3D ruin the movie?  Should I give Dolby atmos a shot for the first time? (but I don't think GitS is going to be strong in the sound department (it seems to be all about the visuals)).  This is a decision I cannot make on my own.  I am afraid I will resort to IMAX 3D.  Help me BOT, your my only hope.

I haven't seen the film in 3D BUT I can confirm that the film from a visual standpoint is insane. I recommend 3D for sure. 

I would wait to watch another film at the Dolby. 

• Like 2

Looks like it was a solid Saturday BB should have 50m locked up with that number. Shame next weekend can't get us a 40m opener to keep the streak going. 

Solid weekend for sure. Ghost is what it is, PR recovered a bit. 

5 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

HELP ME BOT:

I didn't see it in 3D, so I don't know how they actually utilize it, but there are a lot of cityscape shots that I think could look amazing in 3D.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

HELP ME BOT:

I have no idea what Cinemablend is going on about; the 3D was the best I've seen since Gravity tbh

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I have no idea what Cinemablend is going on about; the 3D was the best I've seen since Gravity tbh

LOL, their last bad review was for Passengers (which i hear is amazing in 3D), and everything else they recommend in 3D

37 minutes ago, Telerian said:

Moderation:

We'll discuss these valid complaints and see if we can come up with some guidelines to strike a balance between loose fun and getting out of control. 

@jandrew @GiantCALBears @MrPink @Lordmandeep  and others. 

::Shrug::

When there were numbers we talked about numbers.

When there wasn't numbers we mostly talked about the movies generating the numbers.

A couple of trolls and some controversy... such as Tele liking power rangers... generated extra conversation which did go a bit off topic.

As long as the title and preferably the 1st post are updated with the numbers and what page they appear on I don't see the issue...  people coming just for number talk can jump to those pages and skip the crap.

Speaking of which... can someone let me know what page @Rth and the Beast posted?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Matrix4You said:

LOL, their last bad review was for Passengers (which i hear is amazing in 3D), and everything else they recommend in 3D

Didn't they give Lego Batman a perfect score? The 3D in that was fine but nothing noteworthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

When RTH likes a post of mine, I always feel special. It's like our God knows i exist. 

It's like the feeling you get when you find out the popular girl thinks you're hot tbh

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Crazy for BB. Did not see that coming. It looks bad.

I'm not surprised.

It's a kids movie and the trailer always got a positive reaction in the theater.  If my kid was 5 years younger I'd have no problem taking him.  

Compare that to something like Norm of the North which seemed so cringe worthy that I wouldn't have seen that no matter how much my kid begged me.