WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

Potter's always been grounded in reality when it comes to human terms. And the series will take place between 1926 and end in 1945 with the fifth and final film. The next one takes place in Paris and London and it will also introduce Dumbledore (as the first major character in any major blockbuster to be gay). 

Batman, dude. Cmon now. 

:ph34r: 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

TBF there is no way that premise would currently fly as a wide release the other way around. 

Tellingly there are ZERO comments.  That would not be the case if was a female stripper.  For shame!

To be fair, the premise of Rough Night is a reverse gender take on Very Bad Things (a movie that flopped when it was released on Thanksgiving Weekend 1998).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

@DamienRocrefuses to watch FB because it had no major black character (although the president of MACUSA was both black and female). 

lol I haven't seen Fantastic Beasts but were there even a lot of black or even non-white people in Harry Potter lmao? I don't remember the show that well but the only black characters I remember was Dean and that girl one of Ron's brother's asked out on a date. 

mm I don't think it's that big a deal but whatever lol. I just saw people arguing about the black population in NYC. 

Just now, YourMother said:

Wait, are you thinking over $150M or over $200M domestic?

Around that 150M$ mark.
CU is still popular with the children apparently, you've got a bunch of people in their twenties like myself with fond memories...but there's still Cars. If CU was truly in its heyday, it probably could have done 200$M +, but no longer.

[fun fact: The last DW movie to get over 200$M domestic was Madagascar 3.]

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Why should filmmakers be concerned with the racial makeup of New York City in the 1920's when they're, what, chasing down a phoenix? 

I haven't seen a good reason why people of color shouldn't have been in FB besides the two with bit roles. 

"Why are there so many black people? :( " "It's magic, we don't have to explain it!"

Anyway...pleased as punch that GiTS opened up in third. Still hope Power Rangers pulls through at some point.

There's no argument for why they shouldn't have been included. I'm not trying to argue that: I'd be cool with that, obviously. I'm trying to argue that FB isn't racist just because it was primarily white.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, K1stpierre said:

Pffff. Please. It's way to early to tell.

Too early to tell if itll make 600? 

Feel pretty sure itll miss. :)

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, the premise of Rough Night is a reverse gender take on Very Bad Things (a movie that flopped when it was released on Thanksgiving Weekend 1998).

That's going to be a bit difficult.  It will need a 4+ multiplier from this w/e on out while losing a bunch of screens.  Easter week helps though.

33 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Aquaman might offend the gay fish audience especially their leader: Kanye West. latest?cb=20111227235141

Kanye was central to one of my favorite South Park moments...

"Bitch, how you not a hobbit, again?" :rofl:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Potter's always been grounded in reality when it comes to human terms. And the series will take place between 1926 and end in 1945 with the fifth and final film. The next one takes place in Paris and London and it will also introduce Dumbledore (as the first major character in any major blockbuster to be gay). 

The yellow ranger in Power Rangers is gay. The definition of "major blockbuster" is loose, but PR was still a major, mainstream movie.

• Like 3