Finnick

Monday Numbers: BATB: 3.17M | BB: 3.08M | GITS: 1.32M

4 hours ago, JennaJ said:

So how much total is BatB looking at right now?

Probably the same as it was looking at on the weekend.

525-535M

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

525-535M

I really don't see how it can do that much. I see it maybe topping off at $490m-$500m. 

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

525-535M

I would say lower, maybe 490M or so. April weekdays won't help it in the least, and the only bump it can get is next weekend for Easter.

• Like 1

So here's my story for today:

I went to see The Zookeeper's Wife.  I read the that it was Rated R for sexual content and graphic violence.  I know what Holocaust films are about but I went anyway.  There's a zoo.....there's a war....that's all I'll say, you figure it out.  I left 20 minutes in.  Not my tempo at all.  

Then I decided I'd go see Boss Baby.  The Cookies are For Closers hooked me.   This ended up being the most inane, ridiculous, lazy, stupid, horrid, horrific, sophomoric, dick-faced, bird brained effort of a film I've seen in a long time.  The jokes were ridiculous and no one in the theatre was laughing, least of all me.  I think people are in love with Baldwin right now because of the Trump thing.  I walked out of this after 20 minutes.  I simply couldn't take it.

Then I finally settled in on Ghost in the Shell.  I enjoyed it for the Matrix like tone and because Scarlett looked hot.  I wasn't really sure why I was supposed to care for her character as I didn't really get the bad guy angle.  But it entertained me with the action.  I also enjoyed the Danish actor (Pilou Asbaek) who played her one true friend and someone she could trust.  It wasn't really anything I'm going to remember tomorrow but it was a fine time after the shit BB and the not my tempo at all ZKW.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

I really don't see how it can do that much. I see it maybe topping off at $490m-$500m. 

It'll even out eventually.  Late legs imo will be strong.

2 hours ago, drdungbeetle said:

Honestly, why bother. Ghost is performing horribly anyway and won't be a guideline in regards to how future movies are made. It's like complaining that Monster Trucks sucked at this point.

Monster Trucks is a solid 6/10 :).

• Like 1

Boss Baby might drop a good bit this weekend due to Smurfs, but that'll likely hurt BATB as well to the point where BB repeats. That, and Smurfs probably won't set the world on fire. Marketing for Spark has been pretty much nonexistent. It'll make Rock Dog look like The Secret Life of Pets, so BB pretty much has no big family competition until, well, Captain Underpants.

F8 will be big for sure, but right now I have it at a double-digit opening weekend. I think a little over F6 in terms of domestic total (but still $1b WW because China) seems reasonable. And of course I'm gonna be there OW.

1 hour ago, Outrageous! said:

Thanks to Rangercrew for mentioning this: $969,664 for Power Rangers on Monday, a 76% drop.  I'm going to guess that is continuing the trend of the daily box office numbers not going well for the Rangers.

It's behaving normally. 

2 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

BB won't drop 50%.

7 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Yall be talking about the wrong films lol 

Ugh...I mistook BB for BATB.

Yeah 50% is high for BB but I think it can happen if Smurf over-performs.

2 minutes ago, arpiaaaa said:

How long blockbuster films stay in theatre in USA? (usually)

In a big number of theater around 8 to 12 week, they stay around 16 to 26 week total but in a small number of theater.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arpiaaaa said:

How long blockbuster films stay in theatre in USA? (usually)

if you talk about wide release , it could stay in large number of cinema for 6-8 weeks, for even longer, eventually reduced to several hundred or dozens of cinema for the next 8 weeks