Eevin

A Really Boring Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: F8 38.7M | Boss Baby 12.8M | Beauty and the Beast 10M | everything else bombing terribly

2 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Terrible news for all of the openers, but it's abundantly clear that this weekend and the next one were intended to act as a dumping ground between two huge tentpoles.

At least next weekend has the international debut of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. I wonder how much it can do before May 5th 

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think what @davincicode1 is saying that Universal wants to cut the legs short for Get Out because the entire studio secretly wants to keep the black man down.  They were covertly behind placing liquor stores in ghettos in the 80's.  They were responsible for funding the defence for the 4 officers who beat Rodney King.  I also have it on good authority that Universal owned the ships used to bring slaves over from Africa.  Their agenda is clear.  They'd rather the black man be kept subjugated instead of make money off of Get Out.

:sadben:

Gosh, you've become SO predictable....

You're a belligerent asswipe who just seeks attention. You're nothing but a tired ass broken record and I see right through your ass. Because none of what you have to say is ever of any value to anyone.

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think what @davincicode1 is saying that Universal wants to cut the legs short for Get Out because the entire studio secretly wants to keep the black man down.  They were covertly behind placing liquor stores in ghettos in the 80's.  They were responsible for funding the defence for the 4 officers who beat Rodney King.  I also have it on good authority that Universal owned the ships used to bring slaves over from Africa.  Their agenda is clear.  They'd rather the black man be kept subjugated instead of make money off of Get Out.

:sadben:

• Like 1

@davincicode1 you make it so easy though.  Do you not get it yet?  Your posts about the secret agenda to keep black people subjugated is old now.  No one is laughing, and as Henry Jones said to his son Henry Jones JR:  Idniana....let it go.

Image result for indiana let it go gif

• Like 2

4 hours ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

10 Years in between movies though is risky.. We've seen a lot since 2009 and the longer he keeps putting this off, the more people will simply move on.. I just can't imagine why this is taking so long for this guy to come up with a suitable sequel much less 4 movies back to back??? How hard is it???

Because he's been writing 4 sequels, because he's not a hack, because he's Jim fucking Cameron, because this is a massive undertaking, because so much VFX work is needed. If you can't imagine a reason, I can't help ya.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

@davincicode1 you make it so easy though.  Do you not get it yet?  Your posts about the secret agenda to keep black people subjugated is old now.  No one is laughing, and as Henry Jones said to his son Henry Jones JR:  Idniana....let it go.

Image result for indiana let it go gif

Can we just auto-delete all of DaVinci's post and replace them with Randy Newman's "Rednecks" song, I'd much rather listen to that than his conspiracy prattle.

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Because he's been writing 4 sequels, because he's not a hack, because he's Jim fucking Cameron, because this is a massive undertaking, because so much VFX work is needed. If you can't imagine a reason, I can't help ya.

I thought you were saying DaVinci was writing 5 Get Out sequels at first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davincicode1 said:

You're a belligerent asswipe who just seeks attention. You're nothing but a tired ass broken record and I see right through your ass. Because none of what you have to say is ever of any value to anyone.

Ironic.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, davincicode1 said:

Personally attacking another poster in this case a mod can we not ban his ass yet?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, davincicode1 said:

Another 100%+ friday increase for "Get Out" which is positive, but will it be enough to overtake Lego's overall gross? it's slowly catching up but I feel like Universal will do anything in their power to cut its legs short.

Because Universal hates making money apparently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

Maybe when this movie comes to HBO, I'll give it a shot to see what all the fuss is about.. :popcorn:

The scene where Groot cries over Rocket's charred remains was bone-chilling, just like the Mai Lai massacre in Platoon...

• Like 1