Eevin

A Really Boring Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: F8 38.7M | Boss Baby 12.8M | Beauty and the Beast 10M | everything else bombing terribly

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

wat

Complete dismissal of others opinions on beauty and some implicit body-shaming to boot. You want to talk ignorant and problematic?

It's hardly implicit lol

• Like 2

Just now, FlashMaster659 said:

What do we think BATB finishes with?

I have been conservative for the sake of it, but only the remaining weekends should fetch

5.8 (-42%) + 3.2 (-45%) + 2 (-38%) + 1.2 (-40%) + 2.3 (including dollar bump) = 14.5

That gives about 10 more in all weekdays combined for

471 + 14.5 + 10 = 495-496

Close enough to 500 for a Disney push.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

I have been conservative for the sake of it, but only the remaining weekends should fetch

5.8 (-42%) + 3.2 (-45%) + 2 (-38%) + 1.2 (-40%) + 2.3 (including dollar bump) = 14.5

That gives about 10 more in all weekdays combined for

471 + 14.5 + 10 = 495-496

Close enough to 500 for a Disney push.

I wonder if we'll see another Tangled in how long it takes Disney to drag over a milestone. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

What's the consensus on how F8 did this weekend compared to expectations? 

As others have said - it did better than expected. I think on the whole we were predicting 35-36m. The Friday / Saturday increases were better than they should have been - probably owed as much to being the only big film in play as much as the new films bombed.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

But Brie has stupendous bits...... of dialogue in King Kong.

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

There seems to be a word missing in that statement. :kitschjob:

Fixed that for him

Edited by franfar
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeah, GOTG is its own thing, it doesn't require people to watch any previous MCU movie. That's quite refreshing.

GOTG 2 requires people to have watched the first movie, though. GOTG 3 will require audiences to have watched the first 2 movies. Infinity War will require people to have watched all previous movies, unless you only come for the Guardians, which will still require people to have watched GOTG 1 and 2.

So, it's only a matter of time until it gets complex, lol. 

After Infinity War 2, Marvel will clean the slate a bit.

There will be a new story arc and entry point for non-fans to jump in.

47 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

Please guys, I don't want to see the influx of snide comments following my statement so keep it cute or put it on mute.

Alternatively, you could try actually posting something of value and substance instead of filling this thread with empty, vapid garbage

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eevin said:

Alternatively, you could try actually posting something of value and substance instead of filling this thread with empty, vapid garbage

His comments aren't empty. They're full of shit and toxins, for one.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

I never claimed that Kong the movie itself was "racist", I swear you guys are twisting my words to extent of complete absurdity. I said that people who only celebrated Brie's "beauty" (and let's be honest, she's only considered "beautiful" to make basic-looking average white women/men with no significant features to feel good about themselves and their bodies) were ignorant and problematic, especially when Jing is arguably the best-looking female that Asia as entire continent has currently to offer. Please guys, I don't want to see the influx of snide comments following my statement so keep it cute or put it on mute.

but she is beautiful.

brie-larson.gif?w=557&h=309

• Like 1

Marvel is everywhere, way more prominent than any of Disney's other brands. A testament to its popularity especially abroad but domestically they are clearly about to hit a peak of some sort. GOTG 2/3 are both interesting for the future of the studio and their direction. 

• Like 1