kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

With IW debut on the Top2 WW, Marvel will probably own the Top2 from the release of the 2nd film through the rest of the year.

I don't think any franchise has achieved any of these things, not even holding WW's Top2 Year To Date. 

Only real challenger is JW but I'm not sure it can get to BP's numbers. 

Another cool fact that no one cares: Marvel also owns this year's #1 since the release of their first film. 

Edited by expensiveho

My estimates put Japan at about $1.9m today down 35% from yesterday. (down 30% in adm. but it's a discount day)

Will get Corpse estimate later.

Also South Korea should see a large increase over yesterday

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

This tuesday is a holiday in many countries, it's gonna be good :)

Since 2012, marvel has been released in this window, I don't see how is the holiday is going to be an extra advantage for IW in comparison to other avengers or CW/IM3 in term of legs...

WoM and 10 years sentiment is going to be the extra point to give IW the legs...

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Since 2012, marvel has been released in this window, I don't see how is the holiday is going to be an extra advantage for IW in comparison to other avengers or CW/IM3 in term of legs...

WoM and 10 years sentiment is going to be the extra point to give IW the legs...

The holiday is based on the date, not the day of the week. I believe somebody here said this is the first time it's been on Tuesday in a number of years. The advantage of that is that the weekend is unaffected, and in many countries the monday gets inflated as well as the Tuesday.

I think Ultron and CW had it on their weekend, so their first weekdays were a lot smaller since there was no holiday

7 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

The holiday is based on the date, not the day of the week. I believe somebody here said this is the first time it's been on Tuesday in a number of years. The advantage of that is that the weekend is unaffected, and in many countries the monday gets inflated as well as the Tuesday.

I think Ultron and CW had it on their weekend, so their first weekdays were a lot smaller since there was no holiday

ultron's labour day was on its 2nd friday, which means 2nd weekend was likely inflated as that friday was not longer worked as holiday'eve but full holiday.

CW's labour day was on opening sunday, which ultimately, turn the next day-monday into a holiday while sunday itself becoming an "extra" saturday. (I assume a replaced public holiday that fall on sunday is a norm across the world).

IW on the other hand, is an mega-event which holidays effect would be minimal since people somehow have to watch...and It's not like CW and ultron had their holiday in saturday.

Korea Tuesday in. A 43% increase over yesterday!

Avengers: Infinity War Tuesday Box Office (Labour Day)

STILLCUT

Admissions: 713,438

Gross: $5.59M

Total Admissions: 5,972,323
Total Gross: $48.86M

Presales: 361,890 (86.7%)

Edited by feasby007
  • Like 5
  • Astonished 3