kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

This isn’t passing TFA, afterall. China seems to be underperforming with latest estimate for totals being way lower than 400 million , so basically TFA is safe.

Underperform????? The last transformer movie make $230, so if this movie make $300 is clearly doing great

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Eh, I'm banning myself from this site.  I check these forums for intelligent analysis and conversation and not to hear agenda-driven posts made just to annoy everyone else and rob them of a positive experience here.  I appreciate the experience - learned a lot and had fun up til now, thanks

Just put them on ignore mate and also ignore any posts that quote them. I do the same and the experience is much better

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, seduh said:

Underperform????? The last transformer movie make $230, so if this movie make $300 is clearly doing great

I mean to what people were “estimating” in the presales thread. In retrospective that particular thread is......I have no words.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I mean to what people were “estimating” in the presales thread. In retrospective that particular thread is......I have no words.

Ugh, can you please tone down the hyperbole. It's not as fun as you think it is.

I like you and I don't want to ignore you. You have some pretty good analysis when you're not all doom and gloom.

8 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Well ok man, just shame them as much as you want (and me cause i ride the hype train). But just know that IW just had the lowest presale multi in china it only had 2.15x and the other movies that opened never went that low. It had the highest presales ever for Friday, so it's normal people think it might do beter then FF8. You tell me why you think those estimates where so bad?

10 minutes ago, bladels said:

Ugh, can you please tone down the hyperbole. It's not as fun as you think it is.

I like you and I don't want to ignore you. You have some pretty good analysis when you're not all doom and gloom.

Just stating facts , I am not the one with the hyperbole. Nobody in that thread expected f8 to demolish IW in its od. Anyway I took ironjimbo out of my ignore list, he is actually far more likeable than some other fans that can’t take different opinions . I wonder what would happen if I actually dared to enter a ...Star Wars thread, say the thread about solo, and write my opinion about it :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Just stating facts , I am not the one with the hyperbole. Nobody in that thread expected f8 to demolish IW in its od. Anyway I took ironjimbo out of my ignore list, he is actually far more likeable than some other fans that can’t take different opinions . I wonder what would happen if I actually dared to enter a ...Star Wars thread, say the thread about solo, and write my opinion about it :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

But what facts? The facts are IW had bigger presales and that it had the worst PS multi in China from every similar movie. And the 2.15x multi is unheard of bad, tell me how did you expect them to predict the worst PS multi with no previous film that did that bad?

I am not against other opinions, you can say it disapointed you when it doesn't reach TFA. I don't mind you saying that. I just want you to explain why those predictions were so bad. Not based on the number we have right now but on the data they had before the release. 

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

So IW did about 17.4 million OS on Thursday up about 1.75% from yesterday. Thats pretty damn good

Well in line with my projections. So yeah $875m+ is looking more likely. 

7 minutes ago, pepsa said:

you can say it disapointed you when it doesn't reach TFA

Guys, chill out. It will not be a disappointment if it doesn't reach TFA. It is still not clear if it will or not but it will not be a disappointment either way.

Edited by Quigley