kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

26 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I haven't been following OS-China for a good few days now, what's it looking to end on?

and 10 minutes late you have 'found' the only posts that have them over their usual predictions based on the way too high / wrong prediction of that Chinese BO website?

yeah yeah I soo totally belivee you.... not

16 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Maybe I'm a little salty from my ban but I believe this covers all our experts except Olive who doesn't seem to make predictions. Potus, Zeesoh, Fake, Gavin Feng and fmpro all predicted $220m+. The problem with revisionist history on an online forum is that there are written records of what was wrote.

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The logic behind the predictions was completely sound which is why the end number is a little disappointing! I thought it was making $230m OW from what I was reading aswell.

My problem wasn't with the predictions at all you're misunderstanding. The problem I have is with the revisionist history and posts like yours here getting angry about nothing.

Who ist revisionists, them who followed for a few hours the wrong estimate of an professional website and did predict mostly other numbers or you who tries to twist that to THAT (see the quotes)

Disgusting....

The only one - out of the usual Chinese BO insiders - who was over some days too high was POTUS, but he/she told also he/she is not that into CBM movies, called himself/herself rather optimistic

ZeeSoh e.g. pointes out repeatedly that such high earners are behaving at least sometimes (see F8) rather very outside the usual calculation models for the OW in especial

He/she was at $US 190 - 210 near to the relase, only as the presales behaved in such an unseen way (record breaking, untypical high Sat performance,...) did she/he upgrade to $200-$210 around the release, but regreted that soon afterwards (I think after the correct MN details got released)

You were not banned from the China thread for nothing (see e.g. poisening the well), IMHO you try to poisen the well here also.

Trying to find some fun (last ~ year was not fun) and what do I have to see? Still the same people trying to prod / manipulate others like in the past.

High to the rest, I'd love to come to visit again, but not sure if that is a good idea based on my general 'mood'

No idea why that link got intio the post, nor how to get rid of all the quotes within the quote, no energy to look for the reason.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

and 10 minutes late you have 'found' the only posts that have them over their usual predictions based on the way too high / wrong prediction of that Chinese BO website?

Who ist revisionists, them who followed for a few hours the wrong estimate of an professional website and did predict mostly other numbers or you who tries to twist that to THAT (see the quotes)

Disgusting....

The only one - out of the usual Chinese BO insiders - who was over some days too high was POTUS, but he/she told also he/she is not that into CBM movies, called himself/herself rather optimistic

ZeeSoh e.g. pointes out repeatedly that such high earners are behaving at least sometimes (see F8) rather very outside the usual calculation models for the OW in especial

He/she was at $US 190 - 210 near to the relase, only as the presales behaved in such an unseen way (record breaking, untypical high Sat performance,...) did she/he upgrade to $200-$210 around the release, but regreted that soon afterwards (I think after the correct MN details got released)

You were not banned from the China thread for nothing (see e.g. poisening the well), IMHO you try to poisen the well here also.

Trying to find some fun (last ~ year was not fun) and what do I have to see? Still the same people trying to prod / manipulate others like in the past.

High to the rest, I'd love to come to visit again, but not sure if that is a good idea based on my general 'mood'

No idea why that link got intio the post, nor how to get rid of all the quotes within the quote, no energy to look for the reason.

WELCOME BACK, GLAD YOU ARE DOING WELL. PLEASE DON'T LEAVE AGAIN.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Disgusting....

Welcome back! Those posts were in the pre-sales threads from the Monday to the Thurs, I wish I was cherry picking but I have to say I wasn't. I know you've always had it out for me but I mean no harm!

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Welcome back! Those posts were in the pre-sales threads from the Monday to the Thurs, I wish I was cherry picking but I have to say I wasn't. I know you've always had it out for me but I mean no harm!

His point still stands. There were others continuously saying to keep expectations in check. Putting your own disappointment on others doesn't seem valid in that case. It's your own fault for not reading.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Premium George said:

His point still stands. There were others continuously saying to keep expectations in check. Putting your own disappointment on others doesn't seem valid in that case. It's your own fault for not reading.

Anyone who cares enough can go re-read the pre-sales thread from Monday until the first actuals come in, I read it and I know where I stand. I'm not replying to this any further, also I believe terrestrial is a she.

Edited by IronJimbo

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Anyone who cares enough can go re-read the pre-sales thread from Monday until the first actuals come in, I read it and I know where I stand. I'm not replying to this any further, also I believe terrestrial is a she.

Terrestial just bent you over the railing, I’d keep my mouth shut from now on. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I think TFA is going down and I'm not so sure Titanic is safe yet, these overseas-china have been nuts.

FWIW its been beating all my expectations, and I bought into the 240m+ OW megahype among the China experts.  I'm still very happy with a roughly 200m OW there, this is exceeding all my expectations from months ago.  I really did think IW was going to land at 1.7-1.8b WW total and I said so.  I'm happy that it's going to pass 2bn.  I really never thought that was going to happen, whereever it lands is a great number at this point.

Now the expectations for Avengers 4 are going to be blown out of proportion.  Maybe they repeat this 2b monster in a year, that would be amazing wouldn't it?  As of right now, given how the movie is received and how it's doing WW there's no reason to think they can't repeat this.  A lot will probably hinge on Cap Marvel early next year and how good the lead-in to A4 ends up being.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Man it’d be great if the ignore function prevented you from seeing quoted posts too. 

I think IW will end up with $660-675m DOM + $340-370m China + $940-980m OS-China = $1.94-2.025b.

I think OS-China is prety low tbh.

1 minute ago, pepsa said:

I think OS-China is prety low tbh.

Yes I was just going to say the same thing.  Take a close look at how the OS numbers are trending, those numbers are safe guesses but the OS-China numbers are a hair low.  I think its got 1bn+ there.

39 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I've moved on already but yet here you are

LOL moved on. I opened the thread and you're still ranting how "wrong" the projections/predictions were which is totally fine since they don't have crystal balls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, REC said:

Yes I was just going to say the same thing.  Take a close look at how the OS numbers are trending, those numbers are safe guesses but the OS-China numbers are a hair low.  I think its got 1bn+ there.

We ll know for sure when the OS numbers come in, if it's $875m, it will go past 1B os-ch easy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Premium George said:

His point still stands....

Her... ;)

I doubt it is disappointment into a MCU BO that drives him, but who knows, as long as I was away, I might have missed an essintial change

Btw, I just checked Maoyan, I think it looks like even with the differing till Sat sum it might be enough for $200m OW.

What would be kind of cool, see as some already mentiones somewhere at BOT, the probably first movie opening $200m in 2 different countries.

But if not, also fine, great numbers all around for it IMHO (incl. dom)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1