kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

11 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

if this doesn't cross $2b by sunday, are we gonna have to wait until like Wednesday or something. It would be way better to hit it by sunday cause the headlines will be bigger.

Small chance, though IW had a good increase on Thu in the US.

Worldwide numbers through wednesday :

With Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom expected to make all the noise this weekend, Avengers: Infinity War now looks more likely to cross $2bn worldwide next week. The Marvel Studios smash has reached $1.978bn worldwide and $1.331bn through Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International.

https://www.screendaily.com/news/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-races-to-393m-international-gross-update/5129986.article

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

After last weekend, IW needed  33.9m to reach $2B. For weekdays, DOM did 4.9M, China did 5.1M, and OS-Ch should have done 4.5-5M (40-45% of 11.3M weekend). So it would need around 19M for the weekend to reach $2B.

Both DOM and China are looking to do 6.5M each and OS-China should manage 5M (-55%). That just leaves 1M. Disney could "push" it that much if it wants.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fake said:

After last weekend, IW needed  33.9m to reach $2B. For weekdays, DOM did 4.9M, China did 5.1M, and OS-Ch should have done 4.5-5M (40-45% of 11.3M weekend). So it would need around 19M for the weekend to reach $2B.

Both DOM and China are looking to do 6.5M each and OS-China should manage 5M (-55%). That just leaves 1M. Disney could "push" it that much if it wants.

DOM has good shot at $7m. The China number stays still or bit higher. OS-C maybe $5.5m. $2b is in play.

27 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

What if that doesn’t include China? Which I think I believe is true.

It does include China. Last week Rth posted the weekend number which also included China. 

Last weekend OS-Ch was around 11.2ish. If that 10m number doesnt include China then that would mean it only fell about 11% which doesnt seem likely, but when you factor in the fact that JW2 opened in many markets then the 11% fall just seems absurd. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Omni said:

How can one even think 10M could be the OS-China weekend?

I’m not certain to it, I was just asking if it doesn’t include China.

With that figure including $6.5m in China, it means only $3.5m OS-C this weekend.

The drops in OS markets is reasonable considering FK opening. 

The last two weekends though, the OS numbers increased from Rth’s early estimates, so I hope it’ll go up this time too.