kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

1 hour ago, Sam said:

Should go up 100-200k with Dom actuals, and maybe OS too. But still won’t be enough for 2B.

Tuesday gonna be the day I think, they don’t report OS numbers as often anymore, so gonna need two  domestic days to be sure.

If it hits the $2b milestone I think they'll include O/S especially with China's day ending 12 hours before domestic

4 minutes ago, Fake said:

Now the question is.... can A4 repeat the magic and gross $2B? Thoughts please....

A3 hasn't grossed 2b yet though!! 

Just watch, Disney is gonna pull it out of every theatre all over the world to stop IW crossing 2b :Venom:

• Disbelief 1

26 minutes ago, Fake said:

Now the question is.... can A4 repeat the magic and gross $2B? Thoughts please....

Can A4 be as good as A3? I doubt this, as the need to have a happy ending will possibly compromise the quality of A4. That is my fear at least. 

@Asyulus 

Spoiler

What added cast are you referring to? Captain Marvel? Won't the cast be much smaller in A4 since so many heroes were offed at the end of A3? 

7 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Can A4 be as good as A3? I doubt this, as the need to have a happy ending will possibly compromise the quality of A4. That is my fear at least. 

@Asyulus 

Hide contents

What added cast are you referring to? Captain Marvel? Won't the cast be much smaller in A4 since so many heroes were offed at the end of A3? 

Spoiler

They will return because Wikipedia lists the cast part of the film. There also have been talks of Loki returning.

54 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

@Asyulus 

Reveal hidden contents

I don't see why a happy ending should compromise quality... in fact I would argue that a satisfying ending brings more repeat business aka Avengers.

But yes, A4 being as good as A3 will be an uphill task, and to reach $2B, it may not necessarily need to be better, but it also can't be a lot worse.

11 minutes ago, Fake said:

I don't see why a happy ending should compromise quality... in fact I would argue that a satisfying ending brings more repeat business aka Avengers.

But yes, A4 being as good as A3 will be an uphill task, and to reach $2B, it may not necessarily need to be better, but it also can't be a lot worse.

Even before AIW came out the actors were saying A4 was better, more surprising, more emotional and shockingly bigger than AIW - so crossing my fingers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fake said:

I think a somewhat sad ending may actually boost business. 

For example: (A little spoilery, but everybody should've seen IW by now)

Spoiler

If some characters happen to die permanently, (As the original Avengers are rumoured to) then it may get repeat business since people want to see the last movie of some of the favourites. Everybody knew at the end of Infinity War that very few will be dead permanently.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

infinitywar5ae2817516f33.jpg?w=301&h=202
Disney

At the end of its 7th weekend, Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War is on the cusp of crossing the $2B worldwide mark, becoming only the 4th movie to ever achieve the milestone. The current global box office is $1.998B (its global IMAX cume is now $142.5M).

The current frame was worth $10.9Min 51 material overseas markets for an offshore cume of $1,343.3M. Chinacontinues its mega-run with $368.4M to date, and a 30-day extension in hand. But watch out, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom heads to the Middle Kingdom on Friday.

Holds were strong this session in Australia (-30%), Japan (-32%), Argentina (-32%), Panama (-34%), Sweden (-38%), Chile (-41%), Mexico (-41%) and Austria (-44%).

The Top 10 markets are China ($368.4M), the UK ($95M), Korea ($92.9M), Brazil ($65.8M), Mexico ($59.9M), Australia ($46.2M), France ($45.3M), India ($43.6M), Germany ($43.4M) and Russia ($34.4M).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1