Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Deadline updated numbers in another article 1:54am (PST)

http://deadline.com/2017/05/king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-why-it-failed-at-the-box-office-guy-ritchie-1202092765/

Arthur$14.4M

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at $60M

Snatched with $16M

So, so far, they've changed from:

Arthur: $16.7M - $14.4M

Snatched: $20M - $16M

GOTG2: $62.1M - $60M

That's actually good for Deadline...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barnack said:

You need to adjust with the movie marketing reaching the good audience or not and you will find exception to any predictive model that does not make them useless, the way to judge them is to take around 1000 movies, see the legs with their rating:

cinemascore-box-office-table-updated-she

Apparently until very recently at least the correlation was extremely strong between cinema score and legs.

Has any of the movies that got an A+ had bad legs ? I mean when Hidden Figures got an A+ people predicted great leg and it happened.

If you subtract Patriots Day's money it made in limited release, it only got a 2.46x, and that's not even counting the 4-day sum.  This got an A+ CinemaScore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, so far, they've changed from:

Arthur: $16.7M - $14.4M

Snatched: $20M - $16M

GOTG2: $62.1M - $60M

That's actually good for Deadline...

They started Gv2 at 60 early yesterday.

Snatched going back up. Big flip flop weekend for them 

Edited by POTUS

31 minutes ago, thelich343 said:

I think less than Boss Baby.

Agreed. I'm thinking around 130M. It'll definitely benefit from being the 1st major family animated film since The Boss Baby (cause nobody cared about Smurfs), and the comic book is kinda popular actually, but Cars 3 and Despicable Me 3 will cripple its legs.

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Agreed. I'm thinking around 130M. It'll definitely benefit from being the 1st major family animated film since The Boss Baby (cause nobody cared about Smurfs), and the comic book is kinda popular actually, but Cars 3 and Despicable Me 3 will cripple its legs.

Thinking around $150M for CU, I can see it having a OW over $50M due to the lack of family movies since Baby. 

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The promotions seems a bit lacking compared to the last two DWA films, likely not helped with the first trailer coming only two months ago

Just now, Jonwo said:

The promotions seems a bit lacking compared to the last two DWA films, likely not helped with the first trailer coming only two months ago

True but it's been getting pretty good trailer views. I think it could surprise us. 

13 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Thinking around $150M for CU, I can see it having a OW over $50M due to the lack of family movies since Baby. 

You're forgetting summer weekdays. I see it crossing $200m.

Just now, Chaz said:

You're forgetting summer weekdays. I see it crossing $200m.

I actually think it has a very small possibility for $200M+, but the last Dreamworks movie to accomplish that was Madagascar 3, so if CU opens over $60M, which is unlikely, it can happen.