grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

http://deadline.com/2017/06/cars-3-rough-night-all-eyez-on-me-box-office-weekend-preview-1202113139/

Deadline Predictions

Cars:  high $50M-low $60M

Eyez: $15M-$22M

Rough Night: $10M-$12M  (Not a good start. Sony is hoping for low teens, but rivals tell me that $15M-$17M would be a good start)

47:  Rivals have it in the low single digits, but Entertainment Studios believes they can get past $10M.

WW: 35.1m

Mummy: 12.7m

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Apparently the budget for Rough Night is $20m which mean it can easily be profitable from a $60m domestic total although it's kind of low, I would have thought $30-40m.

Meanwhile, All Eyez on Me has a budget of $45M. Surprised that it has a much higher budget than Straight Outta Compton ($28M) did, it looks pretty low-rent in comparison from the marketing.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Meanwhile, All Eyez on Me has a budget of $45M. Surprised that it has a much higher budget than Straight Outta Compton ($28M) did, it looks pretty low-rent in comparison from the marketing.

Surprising considering there is no big names either, guessing Tupac's music is expensive to license. Given OS money is going to be limited, it needs to do well domestically

38 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Apparently the budget for Rough Night is $20m which mean it can easily be profitable from a $60m domestic total although it's kind of low, I would have thought $30-40m.

I'd assume that just means it's back end deal heavy.  It's not the kind of film you talk a pay cut for - :rock: - even if that winds up happening because it doesn't make enough $.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I'd assume that just means it's back end deal heavy.  It's not the kind of film you talk a pay cut for - :rock: - even if that winds up happening because it doesn't make enough $.

I imagine Scarlett is on a decent back end deal, Cameron Diaz made more money on Bad Teacher due to taking a paycut in exchange of a backend deal. Can't imagine the other stars got paid nearly as much as her. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's selling like 4 times what ICAN was on Pulse. I think it's hitting double digits with Fathers Day and solid reviews.

It has only 8 reviews still, not to mention it's a no name studio (Phoenix Forgotten anyone?) Very cautious about the prediction for this one. Also those types of flicks don't traditionally have Father's Day bumps

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

thats surprising.

7 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I still see WW on top of MT and Pulse
Does it have a chance staying at No'1 or It's going to No'2 for sure?

With Cars 3 tracking at $55M-$65M, 2nd place is guaranteed.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ohana said:

It's definitely going to be second. Cars is easily looking at a 50M+ debut.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Nothing is ever for sure...but it's uber-likely.

Now, Cars 2 could be overtracked and WW could have a spectacular hold...but unless RT suddenly drops to about 30% or so for Cars 3, (by tracking) Cars is likely to come in around WW's 2nd weekend total, give or take $5M or so.  I don't think the most optimistic person on this board predicts only a $5M drop for WW in its 3rd weekend:)...that wouldn't just be unprecedented, that would be miraculous...although miracles do sometimes happen:)...

• Like 2