grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Does anyone on BOT even use MT to buy tickets, or have ever used it? It's always been either Fandango or bust for me.

I remember that when I was little, they were basically the main competitor of Fandango. But Fandango was the one that innovated first, they were the ones with the paper bag mascots, and they were the ones that had a business title that didn't relegate them to ticket-selling alone.

19 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Tomb Raider 76 1560 4.87%
Ready Player One 78 1866 4.18%

Tomb Raider's looking hella weak. There hasn't been a single ticket sold for Sunday yet, and there's only one more day until previews.

Tomb Raider 112 1560 4.87%
Ready Player One 94 1866 4.18%

Tomb Raider still hasn't sold anything for Sunday.

Comps for TR:

61% of Blade Runner ($20.1M)

12% of Ragnarok ($15.1M)

56% of Jumanji ($20.2M)

140% of The Commuter ($19.2M)

72% of Den of Thieves ($11M)

62% of Maze Runner ($15M)

86% of Red Sparrow ($14.5M)

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif?d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

MT.com - ICOI finally takes the #1 spot:)...

18.8% I Can Only Imagine

18.5% Black Panther

17.1% Wrinkle in Time, A

7.2% Tomb Raider

6.5% Love, Simon

Even if it has virtually no shot at #1 this weekend, ICOI can at least put up some decent presales:)...

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

At my theater, ICOI has gained nothing since noon while TR is up 1 (9/69) and Simon 2 (4/78). It's abundantly clear at this point that ICOI is being inflated by group sales. Next weekend's drop may be pretty big, especially with another Christian flick opening.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Just to fix it (as short as it probably will last, but who knows) ;).

MT:
#1 ICOI 18.8%
#2 BP 18.5%
#3 Wrinkle 17.1%
#4 TR 7.2%
#5 Love, Simon 6.5%

Edit: Too lame once again!

I`m not sure if the Christian films will hurt each other. Many more will see the trailers for the next films, the target audience could come into the right mood and first WOM for ICOI is good.

Edited by el sid

3 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Will Tomb Raider be walk-up driven cause being <1.0% from Love, Simon which is projected to do $10-15m isn't promising.

Honestly? I don't think so. It's pretty far behind stuff like Red Sparrow and Death Wish at my theater, so we'll see how much the pace picks up.

5 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

Morning Pulse 15 minute watch

Love, Simon: 181 tickets 

Tomb Raider: 186 tickets

I Can Only Imagine: 251 tickets 

ICOI isn't dying....I am waiting for it to collapse haha

Love, Simon and Tomb Raider are super close to each other. Good for Love, Simon but not so good for Tomb Raider. 

Mid-Day Pulse 15 minute watch

Love, Simon: 175 tickets 

Tomb Raider: 268 tickets

I Can Only Imagine: 229 tickets 

Tomb Raider is kicking it up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love, Simon 88 312 28.2%
Tomb Raider 103 848 12.1%
I Can Only Imagine 76 156 48.7%

5 Hours from the first showings! TR and LS both saw 40+ increase in ticket sales from last night. ICOI increased by 20+. ICOI is starting to sell its second showing finally. LS's currently selling is reminding me a lot of its preview weekend. Slow start but then rapidly increased as the showing times got closer. TR is over 100, which it needed. It is 20 tickets away from surpassing Red Sparrow....which it will easily do. 

Tomb Raider Similar Films

Red Sparrow- 123 tickets sold

Atomic Blonde- 145 tickets sold

Love, Simon Similar Films (Not good comparison at all...there really aren't any)

Wonder- 79 tickets sold

Every day- 53 tickets sold

• Like 3

Fandango Avg Per Minute

Love Simon:  9.6  (3:10pm)

Tomb Raider:  9.8 (3:10pm)

I Can Only Imagine:  10.75 (3:20pm)

THUR Comps:

Atomic Bomb:  15.5 (10:10am) 18.3 (4pm) 28 (7pm)

Red Sparrow     8.8 (2:30pm), 12 (4:40pm), 17.33 (7pm)

Am. Assassin   5 (11:45am), 5 (2:10pm), 13.2 (4pm), 18.75 (7:15pm)

Mazerunner: Death Cure     4.2 (9:20am), 15.4 (5:30pm) 23.33 (6:45pm) 21 (7pm)

Everything, Everything: 8 avg (8:30pm)

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 4

I love all the guessing going on about ICOI.... it is nice to be reminded that ala the Hindi / Foreign language films, this is an underserved demo that is really picky about what they see in bulk....

Obviously living in OK (the Premier was the other night right here in OKC) I can't use any of the sales metrics because the band / song / story is from here, but it's huge, probably as big as some superhero films in areas (relatively of course.)

That being said, whoever decided the 3 films needed to be scheduled on consecutive weekends needs to be shot because they all gonna suffer (although GND3 is probably screwed regardless of where it was placed LOL)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I love all the guessing going on about ICOI.... it is nice to be reminded that ala the Hindi / Foreign language films, this is an underserved demo that is really picky about what they see in bulk....

Obviously living in OK (the Premier was the other night right here in OKC) I can't use any of the sales metrics because the band / song / story is from here, but it's huge, probably as big as some superhero films in areas (relatively of course.)

That being said, whoever decided the 3 films needed to be scheduled on consecutive weekends needs to be shot because they all gonna suffer (although GND3 is probably screwed regardless of where it was placed LOL)

Oh it's bombing hard. It'll probably be down to half a screen at most locations the following week :hahaha: 

• Like 1