grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

5 minutes ago, Goldsheet said:

Love Simon 89% Fresh on RT

I haven't seen it yet so no opinion on the film itself but does anyone think there is an element of critics leaning positive out of fear of being considered intolerant?

I have seen it and it is absolutely fantastic. Audiences seem to agree with critic so far with 89% on Rotten Tomatoes. If it was a bad movie critics would have given it a bad review (and some have, which is their opinion) I think, so I totally disagree that they are scared of seeming intolerant. It's just an excellent Teen Romance/Comedy

Seems I Can Only Imagine is doing really well. I wonder why they didn’t try to get it into more theaters this weekend. 

Pulse:

1. Avengers IW

2. Avengers IW IMAX 2D

3. Avengers IW 3D

4. Avengers IW IMAX 3D

5. I Can Only Imagine

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

10 minutes ago, Goldsheet said:

I haven't seen it yet so no opinion on the film itself but does anyone think there is an element of critics leaning positive out of fear of being considered intolerant?

I hope not, as a gay man that shit really pisses me off. I honestly couldn’t give a shit if someone says a gay themed movie is bad, I certainly wouldn’t call them homophobic for it. I’d prefer an honest opinion, if you hate it, say you hate it. It’s people that pretend to like things cause they think it makes them look tolerant that piss me off. I feel people should be themselves and if you believe this movie sucks, then say it sucks!

Edited by Boxofficerules

6 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Seems I Can Only Imagine is doing really well. I wonder why they didn’t try to get it into more theaters this weekend. 

Pulse:

1. Avengers IW

2. Avengers IW IMAX 2D

3. Avengers IW 3D

4. Avengers IW IMAX 3D

5. I Can Only Imagine

Starting like Last Jedi...

27 minutes ago, Goldsheet said:

No. Its a good film. Can we please stop with this? jesus.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Goldsheet said:

indeed, any films about gays will get good reviews solely because they’re gay.  that’s exactly what’s happening

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Must be some sort of error on your end -- the Thursday 7pm show is maybe half full and the 10:30pm show is about a quarter full. 

Yeah its weird. It was like that for awhile... for the entire weekend then it re-appeared as available. I purchased my ticket and told my friend to hurry to purchase it but it was still showing as sold out for him, so I had to purchase his tickets. I was like WTF how can it be sold out the entire weekend already for imax lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YLF said:

Yeah its weird. It was like that for awhile... for the entire weekend then it re-appeared as available. I purchased my ticket and told my friend to hurry to purchase it but it was still showing as sold out for him, so I had to purchase his tickets. I was like WTF how can it be sold out the entire weekend already for imax lol

Sometimes when theaters are just putting showtimes up they lock out sales until they're completely ready to go. So they show up as "sold out" even though they're not. Glad you got tickets!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Sometimes when theaters are just putting showtimes up they lock out sales until they're completely ready to go. So they show up as "sold out" even though they're not. Glad you got tickets!

To piggyback off this,

@YLF Also check the actual box office if you run into a "sold out" on the website.  I know my theater holds tickets for walk-ups.  That's how I bought tickets for the TLJ the day despite it being "sold out" for weeks on the website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Movie Tickets

1. Avengers: Infinity War 18.1%

2. I Can Only Imagine 16.7%

3. Black Panther 13.7%

4. A Wrinkle In Time 11.3%

5. Tomb Raider 11.2%

:ohmygod:

1. Avengers: Infinity War 27.4%

2. I Can Only Imagine 15.3%

3. Black Panther 11.8%

4.Tomb Raider 10.1%

5. A Wrinkle In Time 9.9%

1 hour ago, Daenys said:

1. Avengers: Infinity War 27.4%

2. I Can Only Imagine 15.3%

3. Black Panther 11.8%

4.Tomb Raider 10.1%

5. A Wrinkle In Time 9.9%

ICOI is still holding mid-day Friday...too bad it only got 1600 screens...although I guess 1600 probably does put it in a theater or two in every major and mid-major metro market, plus all of its "targeted demo" markets...

Gonna do a full update later tonight.

But for right now:

Greater Sacramento Infinity War Report:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

37.09%

One showing has two seats left and six others are front two rows or less.

No comps to BP or TLJ as I wasn't tracking that early for either run, but that 3200+ tickets have been sold already is, obviously, a VERY good sign for IW

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

But for right now:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

37.09%

No comps to BP or TLJ as I wasn't tracking that early for either run, but that 3200+ tickets have been sold already is, obviously, a VERY good sign for IW

That's 450 tickets per hour... in one area...

Holy shit!

When do we start comparing to Force Awakens?

14 minutes ago, Porthos said:

But for right now:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

37.09%

I do want to point out one thing about this. This is where Black Panther stood on Feb 9th, one week before release:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

50.20%

Infinity War has nearly sold as many tickets (3200+ vs 3800+) as of noon this morning.  Let that sink in for a sec.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3
  • ...wtf 1

20 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

That's 450 tickets per hour... in one area...

Holy shit!

When do we start comparing to Force Awakens?

I do cover a very large area (30 or so mile radius of Downtown Sacramento).  Regardless, it is very very good. 

• Like 1