grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

23 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

All the openers except Gnomes are doing previews.

Also, how the hell have you not heard about Isle of Dogs? The trailer has been getting attached to everything:

Ummmm, b/c I've seen most of my movies lately on Netflix/Amazon/tv:)...and none of those have had ads for it...and apparently my social media, internet surfing, and my and my kids' tv watching hasn't gotten us a single trailer:)...

I blame kids and winter activities...my life gets so much freer from May-Aug and then Thanksgiving-Dec:)...(which is why I'm bitter Avengers 3 moved up its OW, b/c I'm gonna have to struggle a lot more to fit that into the last weekend than I would have the 1st weekend of May, where I literally had already set aside the time:)...

Although I also blame my kids not bugging me to take them to a movie so far this year...none of them wanted any of the animateds or family movies so far, which is unusual (I mean, last year they pushed me out for Lego Batman, Power Rangers, and Smurfs...this year, The Teddy Bear, the Rabbit, the Cave Man, and the Gnomes look to be 0-4:)...

PS - And thanks for the Thursday preview news - none of the theaters around me which have Paul are doing previews Thursday yet, so I guess I'll watch to see if they add them:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Other than Pacific Rim and Isle of Dogs (what the heck is this?:), any other movie doing Thursday night previews?  I'm pretty certain Gnomeo and Paul are not, but not sure about other releases...

Looks like Unsane is, as I saw a Thr night showing for it.

edit:  Already answered.  Didn't realize there was another page. :lol:

Edited by Porthos

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

PS - And thanks for the Thursday preview news - none of the theaters around me which have Paul are doing previews Thursday yet, so I guess I'll watch to see if they add them:)...

None of my theaters I have listed in the Sacto area have Paul attached for Thur, even though they Fr/St/Su listings, FWIW.  But maybe they'll add them later.

Also found some previews for Midnight Sun as well.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Porthos said:

From here on out until about two weeks before release or so, I'll make the IW updates weekly so I don't spam the thread with incremental updates.  Unless folks want them, that is. :)

=====

GREATER SACRAMENTO SELLOUT UPDATE: T-40 Days and counting  

Sellouts: 

1/106 (nc)

2D:  0/69 (nc)

3D:  1/37 (nc)        

<<Reserved Theater Info: 73 showings>>

Almost Sold Out (95%+ sold out)

0 (nc)         

Nearly Sold Out (90% to 94% sold out)

4 (+2)

Front Two Rows Only (or equivalent)

16 (-1)

Heavily Sold (75% to 89% sold out)

0 (nc)

Weekend Showings

Fr: 0/214 (nc)    

St: 0/215 (nc)

Su: 0/209 (nc)  

Reserved Seating Breakdown (73/106 showings]):

100%:     1 (nc)

90-99%:  4 (+2)

80-89%:  8 (nc)

70-79%:  6 (nc)

60-69%: 17 (+2)

50-59%: 7 (-2)

40-49%: 6 (+1)

30-39%: 7 (+1)

20-29%: 5 (-1)

10-19%: 3 (-2)

0-9%:    9 (-1)

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

52.07%

I, for one, want a daily update, or at least twice a week.

On 3/13/2018 at 9:19 PM, TwoMisfits said:

So, 1st local (Cinemark) is up, and it seems like they were paying attention to MT.com...after not having ICOI in any presales for the weekend, it has decided to book it last minute (the local I was posting that had this movie was a Cinemark, so they must have chatted about how well that one's presales were doing)...now, they hedged their bets and put it in one of their smallest theaters, but I didn't think it was getting it at all, so...anyway here's the rest of the set...BIG clear out week...

NEW

ICOI (1 - 5 showings - smallest size)

Love Simon (1 - 5 showings - smallest size)

Tomb Raider (2 - 10 showings - 2 3d/8 2d - biggest and above average size - this will either be smart, or a big mistake - stay tuned:)

Kirrak Party (1 - 4 showings - smallest size)

Raid (1 - 4 showings - smallest size)

Returning

AWIT (2 - 2 3d/ 8 2d)

Black Panther (2 - 10 showings - all 2d) - lost a screen

Game Night (1)

Peter Rabbit (.8)

Annihilation (.2 - single showing on PR screen)

Gone

Death Wish, Red Sparrow, Jumanji, 2 previous foreign films

1st local (Cinemark) is up and not fully booked - they have allocated 10.6 screens out of 12.  Usually that means they are looking at foreign films, but not always...they have not booked every new opener, so they also could be doing some very last minute bookings or saving an extra screen for whichever opener starts rocking presales...here's the current set (I'll update it when they fill in the last screens)...

NEW

Pacific Rim 2 (1 - 2d/3d split - 5 showings - 3 2d/ 2 3d - biggest screen)

Sherlock Gnomes (1 - 2d/3d split - 6 showings - 4 2d/2 3d - biggest screen)

MLA (.4 - last 2 showings on Peter's screen)

EDIT - Hitchki (.4 - last 2 showings on Game Night's screen)

EDIT #2 - Rajatha (1)

RETURNING

ICOI (1)

Love Simon (1)

Raid (1)

Tomb Raider (2 - that's crazy - I foresee this being the movie to get showings cut left and right for whatever breakout there is)

AWiT (1) (down a screen)

Black Panther (1 - down another screen this week b/c it's getting tight)

Game Night (.6 - all early showings)

Peter Rabbit (.6 - all early showings)

GONE

Annihilation, previous foreign films

EDIT - Now 1 screen open...we'll see who wins it (I'm betting another foreign film now, but we'll see:)...

EDIT #2 - So, even with all those new openers, another foreign film takes the last screen...not a good sign for the lesser openers, I'd think...unless the theater is saving extra screens for RPO on March 29 (since it usually dumps its foreign films in a week unless they really perform)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

On 3/19/2018 at 7:52 PM, LeoC said:

I, for one, want a daily update, or at least twice a week.

Tell you what.  For now, just the seat total as an update.  Everything else, still once a week. :)

T-38 Days and counting:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

53.92%

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Tell you what.  For now, just the seat total as an update.  Everything else, still once a week. :)

T-39 Days and counting:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

53.92%

Yay, more numbers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

T-39 Days and counting:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

53.92%

Thank you for all your gracious updates! Love watching numbers :) One little thing though, could you post how many tickets it's increased each day? I feel like your eyes likely to have saved this info somewhere and I read the forums mostly through email so can't easily look back at the last update.

thank you!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

End of day MT.com - ICOI probably had a good day...Tomb Raider maybe not as much...

18.8% Avengers: Infinity War

16.1% I Can Only Imagine

12.5% Black Panther

10.1% Tomb Raider

6.6% Wrinkle in Time, A

8:10 AM ET...ICOI on top...Pacific Rim should show up tomorrow maybe?

17% I Can Only Imagine

15.7% Avengers: Infinity War

13.3% Black Panther

9.3% Tomb Raider

6.9% Wrinkle in Time, A

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Advance Ticket Sales After 72 Hours:
257.6% ahead of BLACK PANTHER
715.5% ahead of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
1106.5% ahead of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

Fully expecting a massive $250m opening if it really is performing that far ahead of Black Panther. 

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Its not a SW movie, over TFA? Everything is possible but I don’t think have a chance 

Avengers adjusted for regular ticket price inflation not taking into account the rise of more expensive PLF screens - adjusts to $234.5m in 2018 dollars

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avengers11.htm&adjust_yr=2018&p=.htm

So it's possible since that's only about 6% difference

(TFA adjusts to over $261m)

• Like 3