grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

8 minutes ago, The Incredible Panda said:

There’s also not been a real family film out this year (well besides AWIT and Peter Rabbit but you get the point), so I think it could balance out with families being ready to go to the theaters

I think that's accounted for in the huge numbers it's going to do

Edited by TalismanRing

2 hours ago, mathemetrics said:

anyone think I2 can do 15m Thursday previews?  I'm going to look at some late reserved seating shows and see how they compare.

did not get around to much of the late 11-12:55pm ones.  from memory of select locations to compare visually with seats reserved for Logan, Power Rangers, and opening night showings of Moana, it seems Incredibles was filling 200/250 for theaters showing it on one or two screens with a 10:45 pm largest theater capper. 

I'm guessing the standard 150 seaters going every 10 or 15 minutes from 11-12:55 will be getting 100/150 or 80% w/ just the front rows empty.  Logan, Power Rangers, Moana, were selling out alot

doing some math - if a theater shows Incredibles at 7pm and then at 10pm on a 250 seater and gets 200 admissions each showing.

-400 total people

-*9.16/purchase

(400)($9.16) = $3,664

I2 is scheduled at 4,410 theaters.

4,000 theaters having these numbers (4,000)($3,664) brings $14,656,000.  

Most of the locations have 5-10 showings with different options.  

if 10 showings sell 100 tickets each at $9.16, that is 1,000 people at the theater, $9,160 avg.  just this average in one day at 4,410 spots is $40,395,600

Incredibles was sold out for most of the night at my theater and the shows that are selling the most today are also the later ones. The audience breakdown for this is gonna be fascinating for an animated movie.

• Like 1

MT update, I2 still climbing:

I2: 76.5%

O8: 5.1%

Tag: 2.8%

Solo: 2.3%

JW2: 2.3%

Comparisons:

Infinity War peaked at 90.7%

The Last Jedi peaked at 89.3%

Civil War peaked at about 80%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Should we be concerned that JW is dropping?

We should be concerned it might be facing a 200+ opener in its second weekend. And said opener is animated and already getting off the chart early audience polling reactions. If I2 is over 100 next weekend, FK may not be much higher than 100 itself. 

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

We should be concerned it might be facing a 200+ opener in its second weekend. And said opener is animated and already getting off the chart early audience polling reactions. If I2 is over 100 next weekend, FK may not be much higher than 100 itself. 

This year is really 2015 in reverse. 2015 had Star Wars>JW>Avengers>Summer Pixar, with Jurassic World’ breakout unexpectedly huge OW kneecapping the Pixar movie next week.     

This year we’ll have Avengers and Pixar>JW>Star Wars, with Pixar’s breakout unexpectedly huge OW kneecapping the JW movie next week.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Unfortunately, it looks like JW has dropped out of the top 5.

I2: 76,5%

Oceans 8: 5.1%

Tag: 3.6%

Solo: 2,2%

Hereditary: 1.7%

Lol at the timing, right as we're having a discussion about FK's pre-sales not being so hot in the weekend thread. 

21 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lol at the timing, right as we're having a discussion about FK's pre-sales not being so hot in the weekend thread. 

It was there just earlier this day and it was also there in the first week of presales 

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-6 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

18.52%

Total Seats Sold Today:             95

.2315x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 6 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.5466x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 6 days before release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales) 

.5853x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  6 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) 

.5448x as many tickets sold as Solo 6 days before release pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales)

• Thanks 1