grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

42 minutes ago, Porthos said:

In my delirium, I forgot that I had extra sources of tracking info now.  I would have remembered for tonight's report when I made the official comps.

So the ADJUSTED comp is:  10,954 tickets sold

I'd make a crumbling joke, but, frankly, that's STILL a shit ton more tickets. :mouthdropped:

And, to be fair again, it is playing in two more theaters in town (not including the yet to be opened on).

But you know what? Having extra theaters doesn't mean Jack Squat if no one is buying the tickets.

As you noted earlier that IW had already been selling for some time at this same-day comparison, I went back and looked at your numbers with 24 days until OD, and your IW numbers are.....

6725 sold out of 11125 seats available.

So with the same amount of days left, Endgame is roughly 63% ahead of Infinity War! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 4

5 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Poor Shazam

It should pick up once the frenzy dies down and the apps are fully functioning again. I mean, Dumbo will probably be like $20m this weekend, Captain Marvel is winding down and the rest of the Top 5 are R-rated movies. 

59 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

won't even bother with NYC until it calms down - It's scary

Want to know how scary NYC is? The 22 movie Marathon at LC13 is 75% full. Scary. 

AMC 25 Fan Event sold out. Their Dolby’s are sold out. Everything else is full but not gone, just due to the sheer amount of showings for Thursday

Lincoln Center Thursday is 90%

gone unless you want a 10:30 3D or 11pm standard show. The 2AM imax still has a couple seats. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-presales-record-atom-fandango-amc-website-crash-1202586799/

Atom Tickets also made an update that Endgame is their best first day sales ever for the mobile ticket operator. It achieved that record in less than half a day and outsold Warner Bros./DC’s Aquaman by 4x.

Over at Regal Endgame is outpacing their website advance ticket sales for any Marvel movie in the circuit’s history. Within eight hours of going on sale, Avengers: Endgame has doubled all the first week sales for Avengers: Infinity War.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

16 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

It’s not ak’s fault. They just scrape data from the Pulse API (pretty sure) and Pulse has been broken since Endgsme sales started  😛 

We’re all hoping it gets fixed soon, but it’s possible that we’ll never get the data for the missing hours :sadno:

Yeah I realized that when I was out getting my late lunch/early dinner.

And, yes, I presume it is gone forever, as I can't imagine that data being out there anywhere.  Streams just don't work that way, after all.

And of all the days, too.  :sadno:

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Can it take down Avatar. Probably will need to beat TFA domestic and make 600m+ in China. I would say tough but not impossible.

For now something like 300/800/1.5B OS/2.3B WW is probable.

Honestly, Marvel should focus all their resources on marketing this in China, especially the rural and semi-urban regions. I'm betting that a record opening is on cards there but Chinese legs hugely depend on how much the rural crowd joins in. This is how movies like Wolf Warrior 2 make $870M. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Can it take down Avatar. Probably will need to beat TFA domestic and make 600m+ in China. I would say tough but not impossible.

For now something like 300/800/1.5B OS/2.3B WW is probable.

All depends about the quality of the film 

• Like 1

My AMC is on crack. All the showtimes are sold out (2D and 3D) for Thursday night. The United Artist by me has sold 95% of the tickets for Thursday night. And eBay has some crazy people selling tickets for like $500. This is insanity. I can't remember a film being this big of an event (not even TFA was like this). 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, rishijoesanu said:

Honestly, Marvel should focus all their resources on marketing this in China, especially the rural and semi-urban regions. I'm betting that a record opening is on cards there but Chinese legs hugely depend on how much the rural crowd joins in. This is how movies like Wolf Warrior 2 make $870M. 

I doubt hollywood movies are that popular in small towns in china. I remember @Olive saying hollywood movies gross most of the gross in big cities. I dont know if a finale will change that.

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

All depends about the quality of the film 

Not sure that alone is. Big question is will it pull in audience who otherwise have not seen other movies in big screen. I doubt this can become a juggernaut like Avatar was and that was because it was not a sequel. That would make somone who rarely goes to cinema make the decision to see it in big screen. That will help with better than norm legs.

Endgame has the hype like no other film. So it will take down Previews, OD, Biggest Sat/Sun records for sure. Some spillover will be there during weekdays as well. After that it would be hard pressed to maintain the wave.

10 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

It should pick up once the frenzy dies down and the apps are fully functioning again. I mean, Dumbo will probably be like $20m this weekend, Captain Marvel is winding down and the rest of the Top 5 are R-rated movies. 

Aren't accounting for the Endgame boost that Captain Marvel will receive? Black Panther sure did benefit from IW 

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

@captainwondyful remember when we were talking about how Disney was gonna be petty and release End Game tickets the week of Shazam!'s release date in order to deflect attention away.....

WELP :rofl::circles:

But WB did it first. They released Shazam trailer on CM premiere and Shazam social media embargo lifted on CM previews. 

This is like.. 

Tit for Tat. 

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Yeah I realized that when I was out getting my late lunch/early dinner.

And, yes, I presume it is gone forever, as I can't imagine that data being out there anywhere.  Streams just don't work that way, after all.

And of all the days, too.  :sadno:

OMG.. That would be very unfortunate. I didn't even got the chance to look at Endgame Day 1 lofty numbers. 

😭😭😭😭😭😭  :raining:

17 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

This is really useful.  I don't have the time right now, but going back and checking Aquaman's first day sales and then applying a rough 4x to it might give us a ballpark figure as to where Endgame stood as of that report.  I know Atom and Fandango will be different, just by definition.  Still might give us a general idea.

NOT IT!  :ph34r:

(still really busy, now in the middle of error checking ;))

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Matthew said:

But WB did it first. They released Shazam trailer on CM premiere and Shazam social media embargo lifted on CM previews. 

This is like.. 

Tit for Tat. 

And both CM plus End Game will make more in their OWs than Shazam will in its entire run :ph34r: Tit for Tat? Or 

tenor.gif?itemid=4775235

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1