grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

13 minutes ago, excel1 said:

#TheFinaleFactor

Reminds me of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES epic day 1 of resales.

It's probably been mentioned in the thread, but time is another factor.  Infinity War went on sale nearly a month and a third out (41 days).  Endgame, on the other hand, is going out a little more than three weeks out (23 days).

I reckon that matters more than a little.  The urgency factor, plus plans being more shored up, has to be factoring in a little, I think.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It's possible that I had some transcription errors there.  But the sheer number of showings at two rows or less (at least 43 showings out of 174) makes me think if I did fuck up somewhere, it isn't major.

Also, so raw stats:

Percentage of seats sold:

100%	5
90%-99%	15
80%-89%	27
70%-79%	29
60%-69%	19
50%-59%	15
40%-49%	7
30%-39%	9
20%-29%	6
10%-19%	8
0%-9%	11

So at least five sellouts NOT INCLUDING THOSE TWO MYSTERY SELLOUTS and nearly 40 showings at 80% or above.

Looks like 5 + 42 showings :lol:

My god that's a lot of work. 

I won't even bother with NYC until it calms down - It's scary

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

I guess this will probably break the opening weekend record.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

It's probably been mentioned in the thread, but time is another factor.  Infinity War went on sale nearly a month and a third out (41 days).  Endgame, on the other hand, is going out a little more than three weeks out (23 days).

I reckon that matters more than a little.  The urgency factor, plus plans being more shored up, has to be factoring in a little, I think.

True, but it seems like presales basically obliterated Infinity War. Just looking around Seattle, Endgame seems like its passed up IW's entire first month of presales already.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, Porthos said:

IW Day One Total: 4,662 tickets sold.

EG Day One SO FAR:  12,261 tickets sold :circles::circles::circles::circles::circles::circles::circles:

The Greater Sacramento area has something like 174 showings and counting and it's STILL at around 64% capacity!!! :circles::circles:

In my delirium, I forgot that I had extra sources of tracking info now.  I would have remembered for tonight's report when I made the official comps.

So the ADJUSTED comp is:  10,954 tickets sold

I'd make a crumbling joke, but, frankly, that's STILL a shit ton more tickets. :mouthdropped:

And, to be fair again, it is playing in two more theaters in town (not including the yet to be opened on).

But you know what? Having extra theaters doesn't mean Jack Squat if no one is buying the tickets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Looks like 5 + 42 showings :lol:

My god that's a lot of work. 

I won't even bother with NYC until it calms down - It's scary

You'd think that, but due to some theaters only having 35 to 60 seats, it doesn't always work out that way. ;):lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I'm still salty Fandango hasn't got off their ass and fixed Pulse up yet. Your boy needs to know what the actual raw numbers are. j1aUlyv.gif

I was planning to be awake starting at 5 AM to watch Fandango hourlies, and 10 hours later there are no Fandango hourlies :rant:

24 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I was planning to be awake starting at 5 AM to watch Fandango hourlies, and 10 hours later there are no Fandango hourlies :rant:

Wait did akvalley crash?

*checks*

Wow.  Told ya I haven't read any posts today. :lol:

I presume his scraper went out something like this:

tenor.gif?itemid=4968644

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/29/2019 at 5:15 PM, VenomXXR said:

In preparation for Endgame, I was looking back at the numbers at my theater for Captain Marvel and Infinity War on previews Thursday. My last updates were at 6:30pm CST on Wednesday for Captain Marvel, and 8:30pm CST on Wednesday for Infinity War. I'll update at around the same time as I did for IW on the same day, as it's the closer comp. 

24 Screen Theater

Captain Marvel -- 30 show times, 1140 tickets sold out of 2734 available (41.7%)
Infinity War -- 37 show times, 2449 tickets sold out of 3312 available (73.95%)  

Tried tracking my theaters numbers for Endgame when I got home, but AMC is still kicking back an error message on a lot of the time slots. I was able to bag the 6 PLF numbers, though (6pm, 10pm, 2am -- Dolby Prime / 630pm, 230am IMAX 3D / 1030pm IMAX) and those come out to 615/1068 - 57.6%

• Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Wait did akvalley crash?

*checks*

Wow.  Told ya I haven't read any posts today. :lol:

I presume his scraper went out something like this:

tenor.gif?itemid=4968644

It’s not ak’s fault. They just scrape data from the Pulse API (pretty sure) and Pulse has been broken since Endgsme sales started  😛 

We’re all hoping it gets fixed soon, but it’s possible that we’ll never get the data for the missing hours :sadno:

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, rishijoesanu said:

I would have bet on this if the release happened in December. April/May doesn't enjoy holiday legs, especially when freaking Pikachu comes out in two weeks

EG only needs a multi between IW and A1 to achieve $850M from a $300M OW. both of those movies were released at this time so it's totally possible. I know it's a crazy number but if you've seen the new EG special look you'd know that this movie is even crazier than IW and it destroyed the Star Wars saga (the most pre-sale heavy franchise in history) 24 hour fandango pre-sale record in only 8 hours :rock:. The hype levels are simply through the roof.

plus we already have some first day data from our local trackers, like @Porthos, EG has obliterated IW's first day numbers in Sacramento Area, going from 4662 tickets to 10954 tickets which is just insane.    

I know EG will still be held back by its long runtime (which is reported to be 3hr 2mns) which will prevent it from reaching its full potential, but that's why I'm only going for $300M OW instead of something higher :ph34r:

(Also Pikachu will be a non-entity to EG, I should make an EG 3rd weekend over Pikachu OW club :stirthepot:)

tumblr_ppb5srTBQe1w3wci0o8_400.gif

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2