Eric the Ape

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

If by "here" you mean Portugal... well, if we really made a difference, The Transporter Refueled would've been a mega hit.

Thank God that we don't :ph34r:

[Except for Life's sake... and King Arthur, poor guy.]

Even here Life only sold 43000 tickets :lol: Poor as fuck.

I know, I was just joking. But yes, all I see are sellouts or near sellouts for PotC5 on NOS's site.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Even here Life only sold 43000 tickets :lol: Poor as fuck.

I know, I was just joking. But yes, all I see are sellouts or near sellouts for PotC5 on NOS's site.

...... I'm starting to wish they really had made it a Venom prequel, would've blown everyone's mind. And actually made money too :(

Yeah, of course. Pirates seems to be Disney's biggest franchise over here. Instead of Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar.... Pirates is their thing. Well, could be a lot worse to be honest #AtLeastItsNotAliceOrMaleficent.

Btw, how has Get Out been doing?

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, ChipMunky said:

I'd say it's just as fresh and original as a movie based off a theme park ride.

Curse of the Black Pearl was the first epic pirates movie in ages at that point. Its fantasy elements helped make it unigue. The content, the setting, the scale were fresh at the time. It promised movie-goers something different.

Valerian feels like yet another science fiction movie. I have yet to see a "hook".

• Like 7

Nicholas Cage's career is so dead right now. I think a National Treasure 3 with him would flop bigger than ID:R.

Cage should make a movie with Depp...

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

...... I'm starting to wish they really had made it a Venom prequel, would've blown everyone's mind. And actually made money too :(

Yeah, of course. Pirates seems to be Disney's biggest franchise over here. Instead of Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar.... Pirates is their thing. Well, could be a lot worse to be honest #AtLeastItsNotAliceOrMaleficent.

Here in Germany, Pirates is also pretty much the biggest Disney franchise. The first three movies sold more tickets here than nearly all Pixar or Star Wars films and destroyed the MCU.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

:lol: 

It cracked the 30000 tickets sold yesterday or today. It is pretty much finishing his run, tho. Festa do Cinema gave it his final push.

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Curse of the Black Pearl was the first epic pirates movie in ages at that point. Its fantasy elements helped make it unigue. The content, the setting, the scale were fresh at the time. It promised movie-goers something different

And Captain Jack was a fresh and new character the likes of which we had never seen and the audiences just latched onto him for better or worse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Curse of the Black Pearl was the first epic pirates movie in ages at that point. Its fantasy elements helped make it unigue. The content, the setting, the scale were fresh at the time. It promised movie-goers something different.

Valerian feels like yet another science fiction movie. I have yet to see a "hook".

A pirate movie literally came out the weekend before Curse of the Black Pearl.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ttr said:

Cage should make a movie with Depp...

National Treasure of the Pirates of the Caribbean - takes place both in the past and the present with Nicolas Cage's character attempting to find the treasure hidden by Jack Sparrow. Bruckheimer can combine his franchises.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Here in Germany, Pirates is also pretty much the biggest Disney franchise. The first three movies sold more tickets here than nearly all Pixar or Star Wars films and destroyed the MCU.

Yeah, it figures. People have a strong appetite for these things. Here in Portugal, for whatever reason, there's actually a strong anti-Star Wars/Marvel sentiment, and this is coming from a guy who's currently in a cinema course right now. Not to a 100% extent obviously, but more people are likely to tell you they don't care or like those films than otherwise. Meanwhile, they'll also tell you that they love Fast & Furious and Transformers cause explosions and shit.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

:lol: 

It cracked the 30000 tickets sold yesterday or today. It is pretty much finishing his run, tho. Festa do Cinema gave it his final push.

I take it that's good, at least for horror standards.

R44xG.gif

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

At the low end of Deadline's range, an 8.4% Saturday drop like OST and 10% on Sunday gets it to here for the 3 day:

23M

21.1M

19M

63.1M Weekend

On the high end:

25M

22.9M

20.6M

68.5M Weekend

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

A pirate movie literally came out the weekend before Curse of the Black Pearl.

Your comparing a live-action epic blockbuster production with an animated mid-budget kids film?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

National Treasure of the Pirates of the Caribbean - takes place both in the past and the present with Nicolas Cage's character attempting to find the treasure hidden by Jack Sparrow. Bruckheimer can combine his franchises.

I'm very down for this