Eric the Ape

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

Well screw the critics. Baywatch was pretty hilarious and a really fun ride. Zac Efron is great Dwayne Johnson is awesome and the eye candy is amazing.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Sure there are...Hollywood accounting;)...

The Australia exchange rate (now insanely advantageous) and tax rebates are probably more helpful.  That and Depp and Bruckheimer probably got less. 

Still even $300m would be about $100m less than the last one so...

i probably won't see it. ship's sailed on SPLIT as well, probably.

Aight, them I'm not gonna watch Raw. Nevermind the fact I spent 6 bucks to rent is yesterday; I'll throw that money down the drain for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Aight, them I'm not gonna watch Raw. Nevermind the fact I spent 6 bucks to rent is yesterday; I'll throw that money down the drain for you.

LMAO

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

giphy.gif

55 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Why did I raise my GOTG prediction? :sadben: 

Alien is dropping 60%+ on Memorial Weekend. Let that sink in for a moment :sadben: 

Not saying it will happen again but GOTG has been underpredicted every weekend based on early Friday numbers.

8 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Alien: Covenant dropped 18% yesterday to $1.78M. Looking at a Godzilla level plunge this weekend.

Jesus lmao.

Just now, The Futurist said:

What kind of numbers Dunkirk would have to do to be considered a break out hit ?

200 dom ?

500-550-ish WW ?

I imagine you can easily sell a break out hit marketing if it achieve to be the biggest WW2 movie ever unadjusted, that would be 482 million WW I think (so pretty much close to you 500 ww figure), saving private ryan was 481 and pearl harbor 449 million..

That a worst case scenario, the maximum needed for any good PR team.

11 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Alien: Covenant dropped 18% yesterday to $1.78M. Looking at a Godzilla level plunge this weekend.

I said that it would have a Godzilla multiple once that I watched it. The movie is a disappointment to both audiences: franchise fans and the public seeking for a good horror/sci-fi movie. I really wonder if Fox will greenlight another movie with the WOM that this one is receiving, especially when this movie will struggle to reach $150m OS, at this pace, I can see a future sequel missing $100m OS, which would be a disaster.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well screw the critics. Baywatch was pretty hilarious and a really fun ride. Zac Efron is great Dwayne Johnson is awesome and the eye candy is amazing.

You have your crazy theories but I admire how often you go against the grain. You'll tell it how it is in your view rather than a preconceived notion of what you were expecting. 

• Like 1

I'll get in to disagreements over it obviously but it's better than talking to someone who is always a certain way. Uber pro, Uber negative, always agrees with critics, thinks critics are scum and on and on sucks. Give me your real opinion and be able to have an open mind. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yeah but... Bo.com is Nolan Nuts

Long  Range Forecast

Interstellar /       $79,000,000    $332,000,000

http://stats.boxoffice.com/featured_stories/2014-09-long-range-forecast-interstellar

Even by the opening w/e they had it in the high $60s

Shawn* is nuts.

But a magnificent bastard

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

You have your crazy theories but I admire how often you go against the grain. You'll tell it how it is in your view rather than a preconceived notion of what you were expecting. 

I don't think I'm going to be alone in thinking that Baywatch is funny and a good time. I think the audience is going to like it plenty. The audience I saw it with laughed pretty much as much as I did so I don't think it's a far stretch to say this is one that the critics are going to get wrong.