Eric the Fall Guy

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

4 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Thats a lot of ifs...I think it's doing what it would've done anywhere, barring it just being an incredible movie.  I liked the movie, way more than it's RT score but what can I say, people have tired of this.  Not too much though so hey, at least it won't lose money.

March was definitely the point where the marketing felt at its peak. I feel it could have done better at that point. Luckily overseas might save it 

Edited by John Marston

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

A Pirate movie where everyone is brooding and depressed, shot entirely at night, yeah, that would make massive bank.

Sounds more interesting than the movie we got!

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

March was definitely the pint where the marketing felt at its peak. I feel it could have done better at that point. Luckily overseas might save it 

Is it really saving when that was always part of the plan?  It's not like this movie was made based on P4's domestic grosses.  More like international is doing what it was supposed to do...well, slightly less.  Granted some of the blame goes to foreign exchange.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Do we know what are Nolan's post Dunkirk plans ?

Squirrel Girl for the MCU ?

:thinking:

Just now, kowhite said:

Hes making Baywatch 2.

Nope. He's making The Lego Flash Movie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAARRRRR said:

I've seen hm thank people for enjoying the movie.  Mention something about his 17 month old daughter singing Let It Go.  A mention that he played against Clemson's football coach.  Nothing close to a meltdown 

I keep asking people to show me the meltdown...not because I don't believe them but because I can't find it.....so if it's out there, show me....show me one meltdown tweet.

• Like 4