Eric Furiosa

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

Enjoyed pirates, didn't love it. Better than 4, still liked 1-3 better.

Pretty solid wrap up to the franchise IMO, I kinda hope they don't do another one but who knows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Tele Came Back - (5/27/2017) Banned from the POTC5 weekend thread until May 29 for posting inflammatory and defamatory comments about a Certified Fresh(™) Marvel movie

:wintf::kitschjob:

Bo6fxiQ.gif

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, druv10 said:

Nah, it still has a chance. It has caught up with Ultron day to day basis. After MD weekend, Ultron made another 48M. GOTG2 with similar performance gets to 388-390M. It has had better legs so far, so 400M isn't dead yet.

Maybe it will have a good Fathers Day Weekend.  Considering the content of the movie Disney should push it in the marketing. But they not want to hinder cars 3

• Like 1

I know its not apples to apples but its still an old frachise with 20+ OD.. So its the best we got

Alice2 dropped only 7%. It also had Johnny Depp and previous movie was significantly helped by 3D [emoji6] But we will know PotC drop soon enough.
  • Like 1

BTW I'm kinda enjoying The Rock's Twitter "meltdown" (which isn't really a meltdown). Mostly because his tune will change once the grace period on this movie is over (which will be much sooner than he probably expected).

His feud with Vin Diesel sounds believable now, though. :lol:

• Like 2

5.5 + 17.9 Fri for POTC5

20% bump from true Fri will give 21.5 Sat.

(APOC jumped 13% but POTC5 should do considerably better. It's true Fri is same as APOC after much lesser previews.)

Then 9% drop could give 19.6 Sun and 64.5 3-day.

26% drop on Monday for 14.5 Mon gives 79 4-day.

5.5 + 17.9 + 21.5 (+20%) + 19.6 (-9%) + 14.5 (-26%)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

BTW I'm kinda enjoying The Rock's Twitter "meltdown" (which isn't really a meltdown). Mostly because his tune will change once the grace period on this movie is over (which will be much sooner than he probably expected).

His feud with Vin Diesel sounds believable now, though. :lol:

Not a meltdown.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, a2knet said:

5.5 + 17.9 Fri for POTC5

20% bump from true Fri will give 21.5 Sat.

(APOC jumped 13% but POTC5 should do considerably better. It's true Fri is same as APOC after much lesser previews.)

Then 9% drop could give 19.6 Sun and 64.5 3-day.

26% drop on Monday for 14.5 Mon gives 79 4-day.

5.5 + 17.9 + 21.5 (+20%) + 19.6 (-9%) + 14.5 (-26%)

I like that breakdown.

I think Sat will match Friday, then 10% drop on Sunday and 25% on Monday

• Like 1

POTC5 still has a shot at 180 if the 3-day weekend does 65 and legs are ~2.75x.

Really hope it can surprise to 170 in China (BOT experts are saying around 160) and hence get 350 Dom + China.

675-725 ww I guess.

700 would still be 2.8x the prod budget (assuming ~250) even if a big drop from predecessors.

Edited by a2knet

9 minutes ago, a2knet said:

POTC5 still has a shot at 180 if the 3-day weekend does 65 and legs are ~2.75x.

Really hope it can surprise to 170 in China (BOT experts are saying around 160) and hence get 350 Dom + China.

675-725 ww I guess.

700 would still be 2.8x the prod budget (assuming ~250) even if a big drop from predecessors.

If it does $700m that's still enough for a final film 

Edited by Jonwo

IDK about meltdown, but a few twitter reactions I've seen certainly make it seem like The Rock is in denial about what these numbers mean.

Also I never think it's a good look to act as if a movie is only intended for fans and that critics are mean-spirited and out of touch. Nowadays there are more "fan-like" critics than ever before with the increase of YouTube critics, blogs, independent media sites etc. It's not like you have to be a well respected journalist to be an RT critic these days.

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If it does $700m that's still enough for a final film 

I don't know about that....the next one could potentially drop to 600-650 and won't be easy restraining the budget.

• Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

I don't know about that....the next one could potentially drop to 600-650 and won't be easy restraining the budget.

Make Depp and Bruckheimer have a pay cut in exchange for a bigger backend or percentage of gross

7 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

IDK about meltdown, but a few twitter reactions I've seen certainly make it seem like The Rock is in denial about what these numbers mean.

Also I never think it's a good look to act as if a movie is only intended for fans and that critics are mean-spirited and out of touch. Nowadays there are more "fan-like" critics than ever before with the increase of YouTube critics, blogs, independent media sites etc. It's not like you have to be a well respected journalist to be an RT critic these days.

To me it just seems like he's having fun. We all know he won't be sticking up for the movie after it's out of the theaters considering the sequel talks before it came out are now completely dashed.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

To me it just seems like he's having fun. We all know he won't be sticking up for the movie after it's out of the theaters considering the sequel talks before it came out are now completely dashed.

Not true.  

They have international markets to open up in.  You're judging the film after two days in one market.