franfar

Wonder Woman sexism/misandry/gender discrimination/Marxism/fascism thread | EJECT EJECT EJECT

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

THIS

THREAD

FUCKING 

SUCKS

OH 

MY 

GOD

It turned into literally the worst thread on this whole forum. The conversation is a mix of terrible/boring. The worst.

lets talk about something marginally more pleasant... like Donna Dickens or Devin Faraci's thoughts on DC movies

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bane Cook said:

It turned into literally the worst thread on this whole forum. The conversation is a mix of terrible/boring. The worst.

lets talk about something marginally more pleasant... like Donna Dickens or Devin Faraci's thoughts on DC movies

Wait, you're saying you DON'T enjoy discussing feminism online?

Taking Cookie out of the equation because he/she is a valuable member

It's weird we have one poster from Sweden that thinks the female only screening is an affront to men.  And we have another Swedish poster that thinks everyone is racist.  

There's a tweet going around with 30k retweets:

"Theatres: Come see Ghostbusters reboot!
Men: FUCK ACTION MOVIES W/ GIRLS
Theaters: K, you're not invited to Wonder Woman
Men: BUT MY RIGHTS!"

This all isn't helping. 

But that tweet is funny. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This all isn't helping. 

But that tweet is funny. 

I think the issue is more that if there was an all male screening of something that banned women, there would be MURDER over it.

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

This all isn't helping. 

But that tweet is funny. 

Right...

I seem to recall a small handful of guys being misogynist about Ghostbusters 2016, and then the studio and media blew it way outta proportion and artificially created a situation where men were being labeled basement dwelling sexists for thinking the film looked like a big piece of shit. James Rolfe was a prime example of how immature and out of line the other side of the spectrum was during that whole debacle. 

I was actually happy that Wonder Woman was releasing without any of this Men vs Women nonsense rearing it's ugly head, like it did with Ghostbusters. But of course leave it to Alamo Theaters to generate unnecessary controversy before the film's release.

Edited by Madflavor
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Madflavor said:

Right...

I seem to recall a small handful of guys being misogynist about Ghostbusters 2016, and then the studio and media blew it way outta proportion and artificially created a situation where men were being labeled basement dwelling sexists for thinking the film looked like a big piece of shit. James Rolfe was a prime example of how immature and out of line the other side of the spectrum was during that whole debacle. 

The James Rolfe thing was bullshit. No clue why people went after him for choosing not to review the movie

Edited by Robertman2 & Knuckles
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

The James Rolfe thing was bullshit. No clue why people went after him for choosing not to review the movie

I think many didn't watch the video and just assumed stuff (I doubt many that actually watched the video went after him).

But out of the hundreds/thousands of movies he does not review every year I wonder how many he make an announcement in advance that he will not review them, if it is almost none, I wonder why he made a video about that one in particular (I imagine that could be a reason why people went after him, projecting potential reason).

then the studio and media blew it way outta proportion and artificially created a situation where men were being labeled basement dwelling sexists for thinking the film looked like a big piece of shit.

I think that a total strawmen, no one can know what someone else think, it is impossible to be labelled anything for any thought, the label was for people that made any type of deal out of a summer movie.

I don't remember any comments from anyone involved about someone that didn't find the movie looked good (and many going out of their way that they understood that and had zero issue with it), only about people making a big deal out of it.

Edited by Barnack

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I think many didn't watch the video and just assumed stuff (I doubt many that actually watched the video went after him).

But out of the hundreds/thousands of movies he does not review every year I wonder how many he make an announcement in advance that he will not review them, if it is almost none, I wonder why he made a video about that one in particular (I imagine that could be a reason why people went after him, projecting potential reason).

I think that a total strawmen, no one can know what someone else think, it is impossible to be labelled anything for any thought, the label was for people that made any type of deal out of a summer movie.

I presuming he made the video since he's a big fan of the original movie and a bunch of people who watch his videos were pestering him about it

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I don't remember any comments from anyone involved about someone that didn't find the movie looked good (and many going out of their way that they understood that and had zero issue with it), only about people making a big deal out of it.

It's not strawmen, I quite literally saw comments from people that practically spelled out that any man who doesn't see Ghostbusters 2016 is a sexist. My fiance's best friend even said it. Not to mention all the clickbait articles at the time.

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I think he only made the video because he was known to be a big Ghostbusters fan so people would have been expecting him to cover the new movie. I think he made the video to say why he wouldn't be covering the new movie at all.

10 minutes ago, Madflavor said:

It's not strawmen, I quite literally saw comments from people that practically spelled out that any man who doesn't see Ghostbusters 2016 is a sexist. My fiance's best friend even said it. Not to mention all the clickbait articles at the time.

That must have been in large part troll, there is 170 million men in the domestic market, that would be a 1.5 billion box office just from them, a large number of them don't watch movie at all or very few a year, I doubt anyone ever said that seriously. The practically must be a oversimplification or what they were saying.

I did read some click-bait article, and none ever (that I have read) said something like that, but I was talking and specified that I was talking by everyone involved in the movie, not people in general (everything that can be said will probably exist on the Internet in some small amount) and the strawman was about people being criticising for thinking the movie look like shit, no one can know what you think, you are never criticised simply for thinking something.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1