Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i watched the video. the answer is no.

Alright, yeah I believe you lol. I just saw the screenshot, I didn't actually click to listen to it.

Studios can work wonders on pop singers though. Britney Spears is considered an icon (which is true) but she has bombed so many live performances. Not talking about recently either...like the prime of her career.

1 minute ago, AdamKendall said:

Will be interesting to see what they do, because besides a possible SS2, you also have the potential Gotham City Sirens film featuring Quinn, Ivy & Catwoman

... and if I'M WB ... THAT is the movie I want to push first because I get Margot Robbie's Quinn and don't need the baggage of the rest of the crew ... and can put forth some exciting new casting choices for the other women.

... and maybe lead into Batgirl stuff.

Yeah Gotham City Sirens, that's what the project was called...couldn't remember it. That will be big and probably have another strong marketing campaign.

• Like 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

1. hot fuzz

2. scott pilgrim

3. world's end

4. shaun of the dead

Fuzz

Shaun

World's End

I wasn't too hot on World's End, but I should give it another watch (I'd probably put Ant-Man ahead of it if you want to include that). In fact, I need to do a full Wright marathon before Baby Driver

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Keep in mind Depp got his last Oscar nomination 9 years ago. It really doesn't feel like that long ago when he was on top of Hollywood.

But that was also for Jack Sparrow. None of his other roles really broke out including all the weird shit he did like Willy Wonka. I think Finding Neverland might have been nominated but I don't think he was?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nova said:

He didn't screw up. He went low on Age of Ultron's Friday number (85M) when everyone (the trades) had it at mid 90s for Friday and he ended up being correct. 

Or something like that. Pretty much the last time he went way lower than the trades on a film this big, he was right and the trades were wrong. 

I dont think it's right to question him or the trades. They get this stuff right 99% of the time imo and if this is the 1% that he or them messed up is not the end of the world. 

I see. Thanks! I remember that Variety really fanboyed with AoU number (they expected over 200M opening) and then fanboyed the next week even though the trend was downward. I really think that bias played a role in their overprediction. needless to say, I don't trust their projections ever since. 

Just now, somebody85 said:

But that was also for Jack Sparrow. None of his other roles really broke out including all the weird shit he did like Willy Wonka. I think Finding Neverland might have been nominated but I don't think he was?

He's gotten 3 nominations: Black Pearl, Neverland, and Sweeney Todd.

• Like 2

So either the mid-west is completely dead for WW, or Gitesh is just wrong. LA is selling out 10 PM shows in 3d 3 hours in advance. This is not doing $21m only on Friday. Hell, this would be not much more than Boss Baby did, if you take cheaper tickets for kids into account.

Whoever said it is right, Harley Quinn is much more popular than Wonder Woman. I'm not comparing BO numbers... Just that that's the way it is. People like a hot psycho bad girl more... WB should be pushing that Quinn movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tele Came Back said:

SCOTT PILGRIM is one of those rare movies I had to turn off. Really didn't care for it. 

I felt that way the very first time I watched it. I really hated it. Then it grew on me more and more with each rewatch as I understood what it was trying to be. Now I see why it's become a cult classic and agree. Plus Mary Elizabeth Winstead was in it....

Just now, filmlover said:

Guess you're not seeing Baby Driver, then.

I probably will -- though the trailer was right on the edge of fun vs insufferable for me. :lol: 

I do like (don't love) Wright's other stuff so I've got hope. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

SCOTT PILGRIM is one of those rare movies I had to turn off. Really didn't care for it. 

Horrible horrible movie. I demanded my money back from the theater and didn't leave until they gave it to me. And yes I created a scene.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I see. Thanks! I remember that Variety really fanboyed with AoU number (they expected over 200M opening) and then fanboyed the next week even though the trend was downward. I really think that bias played a role in their overprediction. needless to say, I don't trust their projections ever since. 

Hollywood Reporter and Variety were reporting 225-230 for AOU at around 7-8 that evening.

• Like 2