Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think November 2019 would work, I think The Batman will be slotted for a summer release

Wonder Woman 2 vs Frozen 2 would be interesting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Is The BATMAN still happening??? I thought the last I read is Affleck dropped out or something like that??? Maybe it was the Director??

"Things change."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Also, I just don't think that the F-List superhero thing even matters. Either you're a comic book fan and you know about all these characters anyway, or you're a casual fan and so until 2008 the only superheroes who weren't F-List were Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, WW, Wolverine, and the Hulk. It comes down to a combination of general fresh appeal+die-hard concentration, which is how Deadpool did more than Man of Steel on OW, despite one being a guy no one outside of comic fans has ever heard of and the other being maybe the most recognizable American pop culture figure literally ever. 

I say this over and over again.  Who was Don Coreone before Mario Puzo wrote him?  It doesn't matter how obscure a comic book character is, adapting them to a film is a completely new adventure.  They are a new character to be formulated as meaningful on their own terms, just as any other characters in the history of movies. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Wonder Woman 2 vs Frozen 2 would be interesting.

I reckon WW would be scheduled at least two or three weeks before Frozen 2. WB has a TBD DC film for November 1st but I reckon they'd go for November 8th or November 15th

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

I reckon WW would be scheduled at least two or three weeks before Frozen 2. WB has a TBD DC film for November 1st but I reckon they'd go for November 8th or November 15th

I meant as in top domestic grosser for November.

• Like 1

Depending on scheduling, we can have 4-5 female superhero movies in 2019:

Captain Marvel 

Silver and Black

Batgirl

Wonder Woman 2

Gotham City Sirens

• Like 3

So, some of us got a little carried away with our predictions (which always happens anyway), but 38.8M is a VERY good opening day #. My final prediction in the derby was 115M and the average was slightly below that, so this film will not end up over predicted the way some make it sound. Plus the A CinemaScore is very encouraging.

I'm incredibly hopeful for a sequel. I'm finally seeing it myself later today. I hope I love it as much as everyone else!

$38M OD for Wonder-Woman is pretty impressive. It's just $1M behind Spider-Man 1's $39M OD. ?

That gives WW the fifth biggest opening day for a Superhero-Origin-film behind Spider-Man, Man of Steel, Deadpool & Suicide Squad (which that still holds the biggest OD for a superhero-origin movie).

I'm watching Raw right now. This shit is dumb and annoying as hell. NO SCHOOL OPERATES LIKE THIS! All of these characters are unlikable pricks, and the movie thinks it's smart and creative by being as gross out as possible. @CoolioD1 This isn't good!

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Depending on scheduling, we can have 4-5 female superhero movies in 2019:

Captain Marvel 

Silver and Black

Batgirl

Wonder Woman 2

Gotham City Sirens

I would love for this to happen just so we can finally normalize female led comic book movies. Hopefully, in a couple years, it won't be treated like this freak of nature film that we all need to put some much pressure on.

I'm honestly glad the film is out now and is doing well critically and commercially because I had this stupid fear that if this film somehow disappoints we won't get another like it. And, frankly, that's just absurd.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Guess I wasn't being stupid after all Noctis and looks like I might be spot on with my 80-85M OW for this...

James Maslow james maslow mic drop bam poof GIF

Your prediction has 0.0% chance of happening.  

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The franchise is just too old at this point to find many new fans.

Hmmm... Do you think all these new spin-offs and inserting dp in main films will help? Even logan, such a fan favourite character is on same level as dr. Strange and thor. 

X-men is currently my favorite interconnected sh franchise, and after apocalypse, they will need a huge boost for main films for further high budgeted parts.

7 hours ago, Hatebox said:

For an origin movie with WOM this good in a season this barren I'd definitely say a 2.5 multi is mediocre. But we're just arguing opinions at this point. WB have already scored a significant hit.

Yup. A sequel is definitely happening too.