kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

On 8/27/2020 at 4:24 PM, Krissykins said:

The new trailer with Cheetah is playing in UK cinemas before Tenet already. Nice. 

Yeah, that was like the only good trailer I got. Had bloody Bond (that needs a new trailer), The King's Man (lol), Wondy and Bill & Ted.

51 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I just sort of assumed this would’ve been shorter than the first one. 

Pure speculation with no basis in anything, and I completely trust Patty Jenkins as a filmmaker -- but I'm just wondering if perhaps she might have decided to keep a few scenes in here that may have been judiciously cut under normal circumstances...just to appease the fanbase and general audiences who have been for this...and who may not get another one for a while, depending on script and virus circumstances... 

Edited by Macleod

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Pure speculation with no basis in anything, and I completely trust Patty Jenkins as a filmmaker -- but I'm just wondering if perhaps she might have decided to keep a few scenes in here that may have been judiciously cut under normal circumstances...just to appease the fanbase and general audiences who have been for this...and who may not get another one for a while, depending on script and virus circumstances... 

Most people have no particular desire to just watch "more" of a movie. There is not a flying monkeys chance that the final theatrical cut of WW84 gets scenes that the filmmakers don't think work well in the movie.

Also, FWIW, even though I know WB has just released Tenet, I still don't believe this is coming out in 4 weeks time. Seen literally no marketing.

1 hour ago, tree said:

Most people have no particular desire to just watch "more" of a movie. There is not a flying monkeys chance that the final theatrical cut of WW84 gets scenes that the filmmakers don't think work well in the movie.

Also, FWIW, even though I know WB has just released Tenet, I still don't believe this is coming out in 4 weeks time. Seen literally no marketing.

I still have doubts in the October date. My guess is it is completely dependent on how Tenet does. If Tenet does like 400M WW, no chance WW84 comes out in October when they can do 800 under normal circumstances for this movie.

The other thing that makes me think this (and every other movie till December) gets delayed is that the trailer and all discussion around it is non-committal. Jason Kilar tweeted yesterday about the Tenet release strategy and only said "We look forward to bringing WW to theaters when possible" instead of a release date. Also, the recent trailer was not the hard-sell trailer. It was the middle trailer of a 3 trailer campaign, the one which is there to be attached to different movies and keep the movie top-of-mind.

I think this moves to Christmas once we see the Tenet opening and the second weekend OS drop.

16 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

My guess is they'll delay it too considering WW84 would need to rely on the Domestic Market more.

I was saying before covid that I thought the split for this next movie would be different. I expect bigger international numbers this time around, we’ll see if I’m right( it doesn’t happen often). 

• Like 1