kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

Working from memory so this could be wrong:

CF became the first movie to increase over a 400+ immediate predecessor or even a 350+ predecessor. Before CF it was LOTR3 increasing from LOTR2's 340 odd. Before that I think it was Sith increasing from Clone's 310. Dory increased from Nemo but CF had already taken the record by then.

AIW will try to beat AOU's 460 and set a new bar by beating a 450+ immediate predecessor.

If not, then Wonder Woman 2 will try raise the bar by being the first movie to beat a 410+ one (Frozen did less than THG so Frozen2 cannot set this record even if it increases).

But all this could be moot cause SW9 is likely to beat SW8's 600+ and that standard will be tough to match for a long time. // @IronJimbo :ph34r:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John Marston said:

Without Pine, this movie is hindered 

Pine will be in this, in one capacity or another...descendant, flashback, clone...whatever. 

The buzz/response to their chemistry and his performance was one of the most highly-praised aspects of the first movie, and too good for them to leave behind here. 

With JL flopping, the good news is there is no need to set up the next JL movie in Wonder Woman 2.

Iron Man 2 being forced to set up The Avengers really hurt that movie. BvS forced to set up JL was pretty awful too, THOSE DAMN DREAM SEQUENCES and THOSE QUICKTIME SUPERHERO VIDEOS pissed me off so bad.

• Like 1

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/03/wonder-woman-sequel-patty-jenkins-different-movie/

Not much extra info, they seem to be trying to get Linda Carter in this one.

That's so damn weird that they are doing that.
I mean Burton, Schumache, and Nolan never tried to put Adam West in their Batman films. I respect Carter for being WW, but I just hope any kind of cameo won't be forced.

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/03/wonder-woman-sequel-patty-jenkins-different-movie/

Not much extra info, they seem to be trying to get Linda Carter in this one.

SHe was offered a role/cameo in the first film, but declined,largely because she did not want to steal Gal Gadot's thunder. Now that Gadot's thunder is pretty much unstealable, I could see her agreeing to a role.

BTW Julie Andrews declined the offer of a cameo in "Mary Poppins Returns" for the same reason.

• Like 2

Lynda Carter says she turned down an appearance in the WW movie because of her busy schedule.

Real reason. Carter probably didn't know if the movie was going to be any good or not, so decided to not be involved.

Now that the WW movie is a hit, now it's a... maybe?

Edited by Mojoguy

16 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

With JL flopping, the good news is there is no need to set up the next JL movie in Wonder Woman 2.

Iron Man 2 being forced to set up The Avengers really hurt that movie. BvS forced to set up JL was pretty awful too, THOSE DAMN DREAM SEQUENCES and THOSE QUICKTIME SUPERHERO VIDEOS pissed me off so bad.

Uh, it depends on what you mean by "setting up JL 2". After Wonder Woman's success, they already said they wanted to go the loosely connected route with DC Films even before JL opened, so an IM2/BvS like situation was improbable anyway, especially as this is a period film too.

But the after credits scene in JL 

Spoiler

made it seem like Lex Luthor is recruiting his own villainous Justice League (Legion of Doom, Injustice League, Secret Society, whatever the name is). So maybe he will appear in the post or mid credits like a bad guy Nick Fury to recruit Cheetah or whoever the villain is here, Black Manta in Aquaman, Black Adam in Suicide Squad 2, Reverse Flash or whoever the villain is in Flashpoint etc.

I think that will probably be the extent of the interconnectedness of this next "phase" of DCEU until Justice League 2. Which... is cool. It builds up to JL2 in a less distracting way than BvS did for JL + offers a unique hook of an "ensemble team of villains" pulled from multiple films, taking on their respective archnemesis superheroes in JL2. That's new and something even the MCU hasn't done yet.  

• Like 3

I think a JL sequel is very, very, low on DC  studios list of priorities.

Jl will barely break even and has to be considered a huge disappointment. ANybody expecting that post credit sequence to lead to anything anytime soon is just not getting it. You don't base a Cinematice Universe on a failed film.

IMHO DC should concentrate on good solo films and forget about the JL until they have a string of solid solo hits behind them

The DC fans just seem unable to cope with the reality that Justice League is pretty much a bust. Yeah, Warners will  probably get it's money back,but that is not why they spent 300 Million dollars.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

Jl will barely break even and has to be considered a huge disappointment. ANybody expecting that post credit sequence to lead to anything anytime soon is just not getting it. You don't base a Cinematice Universe on a failed film.

IMHO DC should concentrate on good solo films and forget about the JL until they have a string of solid solo hits behind them

The DC fans just seem unable to cope with the reality that Justice League is pretty much a bust. Yeah, Warners will  probably get it's money back,but that is not why they spent 300 Million dollars.

Barring the worst case situation of all upcoming DC movies falling like a row of dominoes, JL2 will happen. Not tomorrow or maybe not even until 2021 but it will happen eventually. It's the DC flagship. JL's performance is not the ideal situation but life goes on. If Fox's main X-Men franchise can still continue after Apocalypse despite being outshone by its own spin-offs, so can the JL franchise. 

That after credits was a sharp turn away from where most people thought the DCEU was originally headed (Darkseid) after JL, so in a way that was a "course correction" in itself with regards to this next batch of DC Films. It actually allows the solo films and heroes/villains to all have their moment before the next JL movie, while simultaneously setting up JL2 in a less cumbersome way than BvS had to do for JL.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

Who the hell said anything about JL2 coming soon?

• Like 1