kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

12 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Barring the worst case situation of all upcoming DC movies falling like a row of dominoes, JL2 will happen. Not tomorrow or maybe not even until 2021 but it will happen eventually. It's the DC flagship. JL's performance is not the ideal situation but life goes on. If Fox's main X-Men franchise can still continue after Apocalypse despite being outshone by its own spin-offs, so can the JL franchise. 

That after credits was a sharp turn away from where most people thought the DCEU was originally headed (Darkseid) after JL, so in a way that was a "course correction" in itself with regards to this next batch of DC Films. It actually allows the solo films and heroes/villains to all have their moment before the next JL movie, while simultaneously setting up JL2 in a less cumbersome way than BvS had to do for JL.

The Wolverine and X-Men First Class were essentially course corrections as well and led to Logan and DOFP.

51 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Wolverine and X-Men First Class were essentially course corrections as well and led to Logan and DOFP.

And for the most part that worked out well, but the X-Men continuity is worse. I think if Flashpoint gets made, it'll essentially be done to restart the DCEU.

I believe a Justice League sequel will happen, but WB will wait a while after a few solo films have been released, like Aquaman, and have proven to be successful enough before starting production. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

16 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I believe a Justice League sequel will happen, but WB will wait a while after a few solo films have been released, like Aquaman, and have proven to be successful enough before starting production. 

Even if JL had been a hit, WB weren't going to greenlight a sequel straight away anyway. 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Even if JL had been a hit, WB weren't going to greenlight a sequel straight away anyway. 

They technically did and cancelled it. They even had a June 14th, 2019 release date.

I think they should move forward with Justice League 2. Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2 will probably add the next Legion of Doom members and they can only improve from the first Justice League. 

‘Wonder Woman’ cinematographer Matthew Jensen in talks to return for the sequel

“Yes, I have had discussions,” Jensen told Heroic Hollywood. “I’m very interested in returning. Yeah, we’re still trying to iron out some details, so we’ll see what happens.”

https://batman-news.com/2018/01/14/wonder-woman-cinematographer-matthew-jensen-sequel/

• Like 5

Not much info but...

Wonder Woman 2 is poised to begin filming this summer with Patty Jenkins returning to the director’s chair with Gal Gadot back as Diana. We have a brief update on the sequel to share.

Omega Underground has learned that the aim is to return to the United Kingdom as we suspect they’ll be using stage space at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden, England.

The studio space in Leavesden has been home for multiple projects including all the Harry Potter films, The Dark Knight, Sherlock Holmes, Inception, Edge of Tomorrow, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Fantastic Beasts 1-2, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Real Player One, and Tomb Raider.

Other locales for the production are currently unknown.

http://omegaunderground.com/2018/01/29/wonder-woman-2-production-expected-return-uk/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AndyK said:

I hear it cheaper for them to shoot there. Thats why some say JL production was in fact less than 300 million. Thats Why there is no official figure yet on BOM. The production was maybe only 230-250 million. Its a very smart move to keep the cost down and safe some dollars. 

I think she will probably act as a role model to Lisa in the episode given how many little girls were empowered by the character when the movie first came out. It'll probably be similar to when Lady Gaga was in The Simpsons hopefully alot more classier than that. 

Edited by DMan7

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, Heat Vision said:

They technically did and cancelled it. They even had a June 14th, 2019 release date.

I think they should move forward with Justice League 2. Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2 will probably add the next Legion of Doom members and they can only improve from the first Justice League. 

I disagree.  COncentrate on getting good films with individual charecters first, then worry about the team up.