kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

This news is a throwback: http://deadline.com/2011/03/the-river-awakening-find-their-leads-two-board-tagged-wonder-woman-111111/

Pedro Pascal, who has been recurring on CBS’ The Good Wife, is the latest actor to join David E. Kelley’s Wonder Woman reboot for NBC. The project stars Adrianne Palicki as comic book heroine Wonder Woman/Diana Themyscira/Diana Price who is a successful corporate executive working to balance all of the elements in her complicated life. Pascal will play a liaison to the police department who is devoted and loyal to Diana. Pascal is the third actor cast in Wonder Woman in the past 24 hours, following deals for Tracie Thoms as a regular and Elizabeth Hurley as guest star.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

Is The Tracking Board legit?Because,in summary,tbey announce Pascal and that share some details on the sequel and some new characters (they speculate who Pascal will be playing from what they know of them) and also say that Pine is coming back (!!!).

Hey...maybe Pascal could get Lena Headey to play...well...Circe.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Haha 1

Hmmm...he looks like an Ed Indelicato to me...and just as I was hoping for that (I loved teh character from the George Perez WW eighties comic reboot), I find out that he already played that character in that Wonder Woman TV travesty that starred Adrienne Palicky. >:( 

1 hour ago, StevenG said:

Hmmm...he looks like an Ed Indelicato to me...and just as I was hoping for that (I loved teh character from the George Perez WW eighties comic reboot), I find out that he already played that character in that Wonder Woman TV travesty that starred Adrienne Palicky. >:( 

Amy Adams had played a one-off villain in Smallville too before being cast as DCEU Lois.

smallville-season-1-7-craving-fat-suit-a

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3

18 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

I think there will be also Circe in this movie

I hope so.

Grace Randolph hypothesized that Pascal is playing a bent-on-revenge Deimos (son of Ares). I hate that idea simply because it would be too close to a sorta rerun of the first film, and Patty has mentioned that this sequel will be its own, standalone narrative that will [allegedly] bring new stuff to the table. If it were up to me, she would not fight another Greek deity, period.  

I think that Pascal is going to play Sebastian Ballesteros, the Argentinian man (yes, man) who was briefly the Cheetah during Phil Jimenez's run.

Maybe this film will feature more than one Cheetah besides Wiig (in flashbacks? Maybe the former Cheetas---Debbie Domaine, Priscilla Rich--will be massacred by some powerful behind-the-scenes entity that ends up being Ballesteros?)...

Or maybe he will play the physical form of Urzkartaga, the demonic entity that made Barbara Minerva into the Cheetah?

Or...maybe he will be a red herring...maybe he will be the character that ends up being a front for /the human disguise of the real villain...Circe.

I'd like that. 

We need to watch out for any casting announcement that entails a beautiful woman, especially if she is a semi-name. :D

Edited by StevenG
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 12:57 AM, Spidey Freak said:

Amy Adams had played a one-off villain in Smallville too before being cast as DCEU Lois.

smallville-season-1-7-craving-fat-suit-a

Been revisiting this recently.  Yep...what is fascinating is the metaphor of Smallville plays into the industry and genre growth it spawned.  It has a lot of "firsts" and first appearances of people who would become bigger names over the next 10-15 years.  And of course is hugely influential for the current DCTV schtick. 

Mr. Miles Dyson, himself, Joe Morton, appears in Season 1 (and 2, I think), playing "Dr. Hamilton," obviously a riff on DC's Emil Hamilton...and Morton then of course shows up as Cyborg's Dad in last year's Justice League.  But the "real" Emil Hamilton then shows up late in Smallville's run played by Allesandro Juliani...who also later shows up in...Man of Steel (which has a surprising amount of Smallville riffs).  There's all kinds of others...I don't think anyone from Jenkins' Wonder Woman first showed up in Smallville...but I could be wrong.  

But that Vancouver scene, man...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

Do you know if is confirmed that the new Bond movie will be out the week after WW2?

They just confirmed Boyle as director a couple of weeks back and are still working on the script. WW2 is already in the casting stage. So I'm not sure if Bond 25 can make its intended date. Hopefully it doesn't as it will hurt Wondy OS (while she will hurt Bond domestically). 

• Like 1

Bond does not need much of cgi,which i think is the most complex part of a film's post-production,but it is still a big movie and needs a lot of work.Pre-production has not even started on that thing yet so,unless they rush it (and after the previous movie they really shouldn't),i can't see how it will make the date.

If it happens,i think WW will make more money overall but Bond will still bite into WW's audience.WW is a potential 1B movie me thonks but with Bond keeping its date that won't happen.