kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:06 PM, Mojoguy said:

Eisenberg as Lex and Leto as Joker are both widely hated by fans. Fans have a reason to be worried.

But Leto was a fan favorite and his casting was widely acclaimed by the fans.Before they saw the film....

And there was a lot of fan outrage when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker.

And a lots of fans thought Gal Gadot was a horrible choice as Wonder Woman.

So don't tell me about fan's skill when it comes to casting. They know crap about casting. They always go for the most obvious..and most boring choices.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AndyK said:

https://www.elle.com/fashion/a19447700/gal-gadot-face-of-reebok/

Rumoured deal is for $10m.

Makes that $300k movie deal look irrelevant.

I never understood the outrage over that WW contract. She was a nobody, what leverage did she have? 

Now she'll have LOTS of leverage when that original contract ends....

58 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Patty Jenkins likely could have gotten even more money if she had waited until Justice League disappointment came out to finalize her WW sequel deal.

Oh well. Not everybody has the self-confidence in betting on themselves like Coogler can. 

8 hours ago, RRA said:

I never understood the outrage over that WW contract. She was a nobody, what leverage did she have? 

Now she'll have LOTS of leverage when that original contract ends....

She was a multi millionaire before WW though, through her and husbands property development business.

The Revlon deal is another money spinner.

She can afford to work for peanuts in the movies and ensure the movies actually turn a profit, especially the smaller ones she is going for.

Its all about keeping a high profile.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AndyK said:

She was a multi millionaire before WW though, through her and husbands property development business.

The Revlon deal is another money spinner.

She can afford to work for peanuts in the movies and ensure the movies actually turn a profit, especially the smaller ones she is going for.

Its all about keeping a high profile.

When she gets a (well deserved) raise from WB in a few years, this post won’t age well.

9 hours ago, Wonder89 said:

Do you think this will make more or less that the first movie in US and overseas?

Less stateside (but bigger OW) and more overseas 

potential billion dollar film 

‘Wonder Woman 2’ Shooting Stateside After All – Diana Working Alongside The U.S. Government?

https://omegaunderground.com/2018/03/18/wonder-woman-2-shooting-stateside-after-all-diana-working-alongside-the-u-s-government/

We’ve learned that Wonder Woman 2 will be filming scenes this June in and around the area of Northern Virginia/District of Columbia.

Director Patty Jenkins did suggest to EntertainmentWeekly the film would be set in the United States.

“The story will take place in the U.S., which I think is right. She’s Wonder Woman. She’s got to come to America. It’s time.”

Why could these filming locations be important to the story?

Well, Washington D.C. is home to The White House (Senate/House of Reps) and the C.I.A. headquarters just happens to be located in Virginia. There’s a strong possibility that the U.S. Government could be getting involved in the film which isn’t terribly surprising due to the 1980s Cold-War setting and the Soviet Union already said to be part of the plot.

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2018 at 9:13 PM, Wonder89 said:

Do you think this will make more or less that the first movie in US and overseas?

I think it will increase domestically and overseas but not by a gigantic amount. Hopefully, enough for WB to greenlight WW3

I don’t see decrease domestically. I should say, I would be disappointed if it decreased domestically. I know the first film captured a zeitgeist, but the second film will have a lot going for it. Gal Gadot is a household name now and Patty Jenkins has gained respect as a director. People will also not go in expecting this movie to be bad. The expectations will be sky high and if the reviews are good, then the sky is the limit. I can see little girls (and boys) flocking to see this. In addition to the grown up audience that came out the first time.

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I think it will have a similar increase with Catching Fire over THG domestically and overseas will see a much bigger increase.I could see something like 450/580 happenning.I could also see a small decrease in the US.

It has a shot of breaking the November record IMO,

On 3/12/2018 at 7:23 PM, dudalb said:

Only thing Snyder is getting in the DCU is a "Courtesy" producer title. His take on the DCU has been tried, and has failed.

The less involment he has the better.

Behind the camera, true.  As a storyteller, Snyder got a pretty big success with WW 

Edited by langer
  • Like 1