kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

Belated s/o to No Man's Land (and the subsequent fight scene) for winning "Best Fight" at last week's MTV Movie & TV Awards. The fact that WW won anything more than a year after release and with competition from the far more recent BP and IW shows what an impact this sequence had on people.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Belated s/o to No Man's Land (and the subsequent fight scene) for winning "Best Fight" at last week's MTV Movie & TV Awards. The fact that WW won anything more than a year after release and with competition from the far more recent BP and IW shows what an impact this sequence had on people.

Calling it "best fight" is so reductive, in my opinion. I think the power of No Man's Land was more about asserting oneself, tearing through life's challenges with aplomb and strength, and inspiring others than 'fighting." Although she was fighting in that scene to defend the village that was being terrorized by the Germans.

Anyway, well deserved.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Macleod said:

Interesting.  Sure sounds like timey-wimey shenanigans.

If they are bringing back the whole cast, then I wonder if they are going to do a Jason and the Argonauts type story where the characters are chess like pieces in a game played by the gods.

“You see that girl in Wonder Woman. Whoa! Sometimes I’m just home and there’s Wonder Woman, in the middle, wherever. I don’t care. I’ll look at it five minutes a day just to watch what she does. She is something!”

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this is a bit weird.

17 hours ago, Wonder89 said:

I've seen a report that they are spending over $20m on this Amazon fight scene alone and its going to be the biggest ever staged with over 2000 extras, looks like the took on board the CGI complaints and going for real spectacle.

Damn if I can find the thing this morning though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AndyK said:

I've seen a report that they are spending over $20m on this Amazon fight scene alone and its going to be the biggest ever staged with over 2000 extras, looks like the took on board the CGI complaints and going for real spectacle.

I doubt 2000 extra would be in the top biggest ever fight scene, some movies used over 10,000 extras for fight scene in the past:

No movies in history will probably be has big fight sequence than those communist Russian movies, look at this:

Around 15,000 extras I think.

The rumored budget of the "what if" they would have been done them in capitalist society instead of using soldier forced to are just insane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

A certain troll is reacting with laughs to positive Wonder Woman stories in this thread. 

🙄

He’s obviously moving on from Jurassic World. Hopefully he’ll be kept busy with hero-of-the-week-2 opening soon. 

They all add to the posters reputation though. :sparta:

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

I doubt 2000 extra would be in the top biggest ever fight scene, some movies used over 10,000 extras for fight scene in the past:

No movies in history will probably be has big fight sequence than those communist Russian movies, look at this:

Around 15,000 extras I think.

The rumored budget of the "what if" they would have been done them in capitalist society instead of using soldier forced to are just insane.

And I understand the number of extras Bordonachunk used in the Battle scenes in "Waterloo" are not as many as he used in the Battle of Borodino in his "War and Peace".

And Charleton Heston in his memoris speaks of over 2'000 extras being used in the Battle of Valencia in "El Cid"

Some film PR man does not know his film history very well....