kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

12 hours ago, Wonder89 said:

We will never know how much a movie will be hurt by another, but in this case is absurd that is the same WB that add a competition..and a competition of the same genre...is crazy 

The first film actually had a sizeable amount of competition all over the globe except for NA where it stomped those films

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

A bit premature award talk (or of low box office) for a Todd Philips superheroes movie.

Will it be is first non-comedy if it is not one ?

I get what you say about Todd Philips but i feel the release date was very indicative  from WB.It obviousky jas the potential so WB takes no risk.I mean it's a 55M Joker study film.It could open on any summer weekend ,save IW2 and SM2,and could work as counter programming.IMO it's not the movie itswlf tjat has the potential but Phoenix as the Joker,who will make or break the film.Like i won't be surprised if the only nomination it will get is Best Actor.Honestly,weird as it sounds this should have been a David O Russel film who is a master of character driven films.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel

wtf is going on in this thread. One Joker won an Oscah so all will?? A Walking Phoenix drama is gonna hurt the sequel to a beloved blockbuster that opens a month later????

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Well you're the only one who posted that Joker would be an Oscar contender... That was enough to start a "debate" on the notion, it seems.

:WHATanabe:

I didn’t say it would actually be worthy of any awards. Just that WB is probably banking on it being an awards contender, given the October release date. It’s like how they were banking on BR: 2049 being a major awards contender, even though it ultimately wasn’t. I certainly don’t get the notion that it’ll hurt this movie.

Edited by WittyUsername

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I get what you say about Todd Philips but i feel the release date was very indicative  from WB.It obviousky jas the potential so WB takes no risk.I mean it's a 55M Joker study film.It could open on any summer weekend ,save IW2 and SM2,and could work as counter programming.IMO it's not the movie itswlf tjat has the potential but Phoenix as the Joker,who will make or break the film.Like i won't be surprised if the only nomination it will get is Best Actor.Honestly,weird as it sounds this should have been a David O Russel film who is a master of character driven films.

The Joker already has an oscar.

It would be a bit dumb for any actor to use this character for that reason because it is bound to be compared to Ledger and probably come out second best.