YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Something has to come at night, if you are going to name your film It Comes at Night.

Well I lived up to the title before I went to bed last night.

• Like 3

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Can the Dark Universe non-sense die this weekend already. Like, become the F4ntastic of the cinematic universes and die on its first weekend? It barely started and I can't stand it anymore. 

I fail to see what's so bad about it.  What, can there not be cinematic universes that aren't revolved around people fighting other people in capes and spandex?

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

It Comes At Night is another film that requires chicanery to get people to see it.

Should be a rotten film. Very angry right now. And what a horrible title.

Spoiler

First off, something does come at night and continually haunts the characters, notably Travis. Secondly, tag this, man. Folks are gonna see. Literally just  opened today.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

It Comes At Night is another film that requires chicanery to get people to see it.

Should be a rotten film. Very angry right now. And what a horrible title.

ouch!!  Ok maybe I'll skip the movie now and wait until HBO or whatever cable channel it will come on later :P 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

He was lucky that turd didn't completely bury his career

d0ozantts4na6akvxypa.gif

2001-2002 gave us great effects in Potter, LOTR, Spider-man.

Mummy Returns came up with this shit around that same time.

EDIT:

In 2002 Potter2 had full CGI creature nicely done in Dobby and of course 2002 onwrad LOTR had the brillaint Gollum using motion capture.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 6

Just now, That One Guy said:

I fail to see what's so bad about it.  What, can there not be cinematic universes that aren't revolved around people fighting other people in capes and spandex?

Yeah. I see nothing wrong with it whatsoever. I'm glad it exists with Godzilla and Kong. Too bad The Mummy seems a major misfire and could potentially undo this universe before it even gets started.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Can the Dark Universe non-sense die this weekend already. Like, become the F4ntastic of the cinematic universes and die on its first weekend? It barely started and I can't stand it anymore. 

If you can't stand it, don't watch it. No one's asking you to watch this "non-sense".

Edited by Rohanakasambit
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

One problem there, the first cinematic universe was between the universal monsters.

• Like 3

Just now, Napoleon said:

The Mummy will not be the next The Legend of Tarzan. That one was a hit because of the romance. It was a great love story.

Wtf?  It was a hit because it was fucking Tarzan.  Was Deadpool a hit because of its love story, or was it because it's a movie about a foul mouthed anti-hero that cracks jokes as he's killing bad guys?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

The Mummy will not be the next The Legend of Tarzan. That one was a hit because of the romance. It was a great love story.

People didn't care about the love story. They cared about the V which I'm sure Cruise can't compete with. 

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

2001-2002 gave us great effects in Potter, LOTR, Spider-man.

Mummy Returns came up with this shit around that same time.

In 2002 Potter2 had full CGI creature nicely done in Dobby and of course 2001 onwrad LOTR had the brillaint Gollum using motion capture.

Though those movies did have higher budgets than Mummy R.

Who did the VFX for The Mummy Returns? 

I'm just saying that if you are going to make a "monsters universe", you better go less safe than this. They should have got people like James Wan, Scott Derrickson, Fede Alvarez and Jordan Peele for this, not this pseudo-adventure monster safe bullshit. When Deadpool and Logan both look less safer than a "monster cinematic universe", you have a problem.