YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

15 minutes ago, seduh said:

¿pretty good? it's a very bad opening, It won't reach $90

Would still be significantly above the 178 million net budget, over 90% on RT, nicer high concept Edge of Tomorrow opening.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

There's a really loud group of people behind me. Oooh they better be quiet once the movie stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yell at them now to set the expectations before the movie starts ;) 

I had someone do that at a showing before.  There were these kids that literally were yelling, talking on the cell phones as the trailers were going on, and the guy a couple seats away from me said "hey, I can deal with this now, but you better be quiet when the movie starts" and it seemed to work :P 

30 ow, 85 dom, 265 os, 350 ww for 125 prod budget (so ww = 2.8x prod budget) means movie is a success even if underwhelming.

the same argument i would had if A:C had done close to 300 ww (~3x the 100 prod budget).

they will at least give us Depp's Invisible Man and Bardem's Frankestine IMO with similar budgets.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Love that WW only off 2% number!!  Yes, I said I wouldn't get way excited til next week's holds and Father's Day, but that's way better than everyone's 8-10% expectation:)...

That' awesome. If it manages a 63% bump on Friday for 15...my club is looking great (WW 2nd weekend over BVS 2nd weekend).

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh damn, the Twink Peaks revival trailer is SWEET. It's cool trying to recognize characters from the 6 or 7 episodes ive seen

Man, I could have shown you the google images results for that, but they're explicit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There's a really loud group of people behind me. Oooh they better be quiet once the movie stars.

Tell em to fuck off :lol: or cause a stink with the usher. We get bored often and like excuses to kick people out

37 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Legend of Tarzan -

2.55 m in previews

38.5 m OW

Fixed

Anyways, seems like a solid comparission. Well known name. Many naysayers before opening. Against a strong holdover.

Tarzan benefited from 4th July and Summer. Mummy has stronger cast.

9 minutes ago, a2knet said:

30 ow, 85 dom, 265 os, 350 ww for 125 prod budget (so ww = 2.8x prod budget) means movie is a success even if underwhelming.

the same argument i would had if A:C had done close to 300 ww (~3x the 100 prod budget).

they will at least give us Depp's Invisible Man and Bardem's Frankestine IMO with similar budgets.

With China and Japan AC could make $280M.

10 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Bryan Singer's private theater

:apocalypse:

Spoiler

Apocalypse is a way-too-revealing metaphor for all the acts that Singer and his cohorts have been accused of over the years. Think about it.