YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

7 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Just out of curiosity, if the deadline numbers turn out to be true, what other cbm's have had lesser than 50% drops?

Doctor Strange

Spider-Man

Spider-Man 2

Iron Man

The Amazing Spider-Man

Batman 89

Men in Black

Big Hero 6

Batman Begins

Batman Forever

Thor

Batman Returns

Kingsman

• Like 1

saw Wonder Woman. It's alright. Yay likable characters and thematic coherence for the first time in DCEU, but there's plenty of unwieldy and awkward writing and the climax is as much of an ugly-looking mess as anything in BVS, which was disappointing after the first two acts. 

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, jj99 said:

I went pretty negative this week. No to ICAN>11M and no to Megan>4M

Yeah, there was no chance ICAN was hitting 10M with the way presales were and the way WOM turned out. I also said no to Megan under the assumption it was only in 1k theaters; if that TC had come out sooner, I probably would have switched my answer to yes :jeb!: 

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

saw Wonder Woman. It's alright. Yay likable characters and thematic coherence for the first time in DCEU, but there's plenty of unwieldy and awkward writing and the climax is as much of an ugly-looking mess as anything in BVS, which was dissapointing after the first two acts. 

Image result for my man denzel gif

• Like 5

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Doctor Strange

Spider-Man

Spider-Man 2

Iron Man

The Amazing Spider-Man

Batman 89

Men in Black

Big Hero 6

Batman Begins

Batman Forever

Thor

Batman Returns

Kingsman

All of those had multipliers of 3 or more, correct?

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Doctor Strange

Spider-Man

Spider-Man 2

Iron Man

The Amazing Spider-Man

Batman 89

Men in Black

Big Hero 6

Batman Begins

Batman Forever

Thor

Batman Returns

Kingsman

The Amazing Spider-Man drop is a bit of a fake, this opened on a Tuesday.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Doctor Strange

Spider-Man

Spider-Man 2

Iron Man

The Amazing Spider-Man

Batman 89

Men in Black

Big Hero 6

Batman Begins

Batman Forever

Thor

Batman Returns

Kingsman

So basically 4 live action superhero movies since the new era began (Iron Man - 2008).

56 minutes ago, Nova said:

I had it at a 2.8-2.9x after its OW and thought it would hold like your typical well received SH film this weekend but I admit I was wrong about that lol 

Nothing wrong about that.

What is wrong is that you showed some disrespect to a group of people who thinks differently without asking for reasons and made some kind of judgement that they are inferior.

No surprise you made someone mad at you.

You can call it a 55-60% drop, then change to 50-55% drop, then sub-50% drop, whatsover, it's fine.

I have respect for all those wrong predictions. They may have forgotten something in their calculations, maybe they are just making a quick guess, or they are just trolling, they are humans, they make mistakes, it's totally ok as long as they don't cross the line and start making a war.

And by the way, I think WW is the most human SH I've ever known, though she actually isn't one.