8.3M (+32%)

5.6M (-33%)

5.2M (-7%)

231.7M Total

8.6M (+65%)

12.7M (+48%)

12.7M (0)

34M Weekend, 41% drop, 265.7M Total

This would be in line with what I was thinking on Sunday estimates.

Mummy:

2.6M

3.3M (+25%)

2.3M (-30%)

2.1M (-10%)

42M Total

3.4M (+60%)

4.8M (+40%)

4.5M (-6%)

12.7M Weekend, 60% drop, 54.7M Total

This could be in for a FUGLY drop if weekdays are subpar.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

WW:

6.3M

8.3M (+32%)

5.6M (-33%)

5.2M (-7%)

231.7M Total

8.6M (+65%)

12.7M (+48%)

12.7M (0)

34M Weekend, 41% drop, 265.7M Total

This would be in line with what I was thinking on Sunday estimates.

Mummy:

2.6M

3.3M (+25%)

2.3M (-30%)

2.1M (-10%)

42M Total

3.4M (+60%)

4.8M (+40%)

4.5M (-6%)

12.7M Weekend, 60% drop, 54.7M Total

This could be in for a FUGLY drop if weekdays are subpar.

I think the Mummy might hold better on Father's Day than WW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, The Mummy's drop this weekend is gonna be somewhat cushioned by Father's Day on Sunday. It's the weekend after (when Transformers opens) which is when it will be really slaughtered.

You cannot slaughter that which already dead.....and the Mummy is pretty much dead domestically.

1 minute ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

So The MUMMY was a major flop and now, Universal is intent on getting the ROCK to play the WOLFMAN next in their so called "Shared Universe".. 

Image result for facepalm gif

Pick it up and keep going,Thats the best way to deal with it.

Eventually they will have a hit.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Pick it up and keep going,Thats the best way to deal with it.

Eventually they will have a hit.

I don't think people will be as patient with the Monster Universe as they were with Marvel and DCEU.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I don't think people will be as patient with the Monster Universe as they were with Marvel and DCEU.

People were patient with Marvel? At what point did it have a real clunker that people needed to be patient about?

Their universe got off to a great start with Iron Man and hasn't really slowed down since... I'm not sure I follow the comparison.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

So The MUMMY was a major flop and now, Universal is intent on getting the ROCK to play the WOLFMAN next in their so called "Shared Universe".. 

That would make sense, Dwayne Johnson is a good as it get to help a franchise entry (if you go toward action or action / comedy). Mummy being a flop (not sure how much that would end up being true, it did had a giant opening) make it even more important to intent to get him no ? Not less.

4 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

How did this have a giant opening??? It made something like 30M OW and that's not enough when you have Tom Cruise in it..

It did over 170 million no ?

The worldwide total is $172.3M through Sunday. 

http://deadline.com/2017/06/the-mummy-wonder-woman-international-box-office-weekend-results-1202111212/

Does it not have a shot to reach something like 400m and at least 345m ? it is far from a flop imo, it already did more than what flop tend to do on it<s first weekend alone with still some market to open.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

People were patient with Marvel? At what point did it have a real clunker that people needed to be patient about?

Their universe got off to a great start with Iron Man and hasn't really slowed down since... I'm not sure I follow the comparison.

Their 2nd film. And their 3rd film.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

But you also have to consider how much this movie cost to make, how much to market it and of course Tom Cruise's Salary for it.. All that adds up to this basically being a flop..

Well we will never know how much this movie did cost, but even at 170 million, it will double that, that is usually put movies outside the flop category (flop is for movies that lost a lot money, studio lost some money on Men in black 3 and Angels & Demon, that does not make them flops).

King Arthur is a flop, Mummy will see but with that start it is almost impossible for it to really flop.

The Mummy is going to be far from a flop. For some reason this film has become The Whipping Boy in the media. Everybody is so quick to label this as a flop or a bomb and yet it's going to make around 400 million worldwide. Obviously not great but far far far from a flop or a bomb.

• Like 6

The Mummy is going to be far from a flop. For some reason this film has become The Whipping Boy in the media. Everybody is so quick to label this as a flop or a bomb and yet it's going to make around 400 million worldwide. Obviously not great but far far far from a flop or a bomb.

It's important to note when they say flop, they mean NA flop. Everywhere else, The Mummy is a box office hit.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

1 hour ago, JennaJ said:

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

Their 2nd film. And their 3rd film.

Come on guys. Are you kidding me? Completely different cases.

MCU: Perfect start with Iron Man and no really bad / badly received movie since. That's why they built such a loyal audience. The vast majority of people who go to their movies have never really feel disappointed. And this is not just me saying it, look at the data we have.  

Iron Man:

Cinemascore A
IMDB 7.9/10
RT critics 94% (7.7/10); audiences 91% (8.4/10)

The Incredible Hulk: 

Cinemascore A-
IMDB 6,8/10
RT critics 67% (6.2/10); audiences 71% (7.2/10)

Iron Man 2:

Cinemascore A
IMDB 7/10
RT critics 72% (6.5/10); audiences 72% (7.4/10)

General audiences didn't need to be patient.

Now, 

Dark Universe: start with....

The Mummy:

Cinemascore B-
IMDB 5,9/10

RT critics 17% (4.3/10); audiences 45% (6/10) - [AND the audiences' and IMDB's numbers will get much worse one year from now]

:qotd:

• Like 4

Yeah, Incredible Hulk and IM2 may look like comparative weak links in retrospect, but I don't remember anyone doubting the MCU's future because of them.

the MCU didn't have a string of critical/WOM/Box office flops. Even the weaker movies were still generally well received. Nothing like the Dark Universe (which already had false starts with Van Helsing and Dracula Untold, even if we're not meant to act like those exist).

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Yeah, Incredible Hulk and IM2 may look like comparative weak links in retrospect, but I don't remember anyone doubting the MCU's future because of them.

the MCU didn't have a string of critical/WOM/Box office flops. Even the weaker movies were still generally well received. Nothing like the Dark Universe (which already had false starts with Van Helsing and Dracula Untold, even if we're not meant to act like those exist).

It is easy to say now but after ca:tfa box office run completed, there were questions whether avengers will happen or not.

People don't appreciate enough the fact that marvel went on with $230m budget avengers and then the success it got. This is also the reason why ca:tws and gotg success is so special.

I think dark universe will continue, but they do need a iron man of theirs before they get to avengers.

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Not to mention they're clearly lacking when it comes to having the right talent behind the camera currently.

• Like 1