WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

So for WW to hit 400, it would need to basically mirror The Dark Knight from here.  TDK added another 140 million after the third weekend.  That would put WW over 410.  So it's going to need a very special kind of run to get there.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

BOM says We Are the Best! is a comic book adaptation so that's automatically #1 for the 2010s. Scott Pilgrim and Dredd the next two. 

I would go by the film that won the vote of BOT's best film of 2012.

It's science.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nomyth said:

Ha ha, me too. I had to look it up and I'm assuming this refers to Thor: The Dark World.

Any time you see a word or acronym with a little dashed underline, hover your mouse over it and you'll see a pop-up definition. 

• Like 3

Well I didn't grow up reading Marvel comics or DC Comics I read whatever I could get my hands on.  It wasn't until later on that I even realized Batman is a DC property or X-Men is a Marvel property. I want all of these movies to do well.  I will call out any studio for a bad movie,  and I will praise the stuff I like.  As seen by my letter grades,  I don't have a preference of studio really. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CJohn said:

Well, he was responsible for it. Patty already said that when she found out she hated the choice in some interviews.

"Hated"? I could swear that she mentioned that she would not have thought about a non-American girl for the role. I don't recall her saying that she hated the choice. Any links?

Well damn. I had no idea cars 3 was out.

also, fantastic drop for wonder woman. (i bet no one else has said that already)

Edited by Manchester by the Tree
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, commonsense88 said:

WW is number 1 on MT and Fandango, since it is out selling cars3 I believe it might stay flat today

I was looking at catching an early evening showing, and it is sold out at the theater near me. I've looked a several other surrounding theaters, and there are multiple sell-outs. I think the theater close by may be leaving money on the table because it only has a couple screens showing WW now, and they were sold out when I went last night (it was packed!), and again today.

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

Any time you see a word or acronym with a little dashed underline, hover your mouse over it and you'll see a pop-up definition. 

Wonders never cease omg!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

I'm not watching Fargo but are they doing right by Thewlis? For someone who can be so fucking great his career he's had a pretty depressing career especially recently. 

He has been incredible, IMO. An Emmy worthy performance.

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Thor movies, WW, and First Class are basically in the range of borderline passable for me. They have very few things going for them, but I can't say that I hate the other parts; they're just incredible uninteresting.

We get it: you hate WW, you've always hated WW, and there is no WW film that could have possibly been made that would have made you like a WW film.

• Like 2

Get Out and Wonder Woman are easily the biggest stories of the year, and I doubt any other movie will surpass them (unless IT goes beyond our expectations).

While this phenomenal success means a lot to Warner / DC, it is even more important when it comes to the future of representativeness in big tentpoles, since these projects will be viewed as less risky as they would have been if WW had performed poorly. Reaching (and pleasing) every single demo also makes things easier for future films like Captain Marvel as they will not face a resistance from the audience that they probably would have suffered if WW were rejected by the public.

This movie making big numbers is a win for everyone.

• Like 6