WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

I respect Cameron immensely and when he is saying that your action is out of this world, then you have done something right.  Transformers 3 misses Fox but other than that it's pretty frikkin epic.

• Like 1

I actually got choked up in Transformers 2 when it looks like Shia is dead and Meagan is over top of him with the helicopter hovering overhead.  That was some powerful stuff.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I respect Cameron immensely and when he is saying that your action is out of this world, then you have done something right.  Transformers 3 misses Fox but other than that it's pretty frikkin epic.

That tentacle/building sex scene was awesome

• Like 1

Transformers 1 is one of the premier modern summer popcorn films.

For starters, it has the most revolutionary special fx of any big film in the last 10-15 years. In the 2000s, how often are we TRULY wow'd by FXany more? Transformers 1 is the last time I thought to myself "holy shit" due to special fx. Bay unleashed in TF1 produced unreal action. It's also fucking hilarious. LaBuff, Fox, his parents, Torturo, etc are all great.

The sequels are all awful. But there is no denying that Transformers 1 was magic in a bottle.

• Like 1

ROTF was a very frustrating experience for young @aabattery.

I was really looking forward to Bumblebee actually talking since they fixed his voice at the end of the first, but they just hand-waved it away right from the get go in the sequel. Fuckin' lame.

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

ROTF was a very frustrating experience for young @aabattery.

I was really looking forward to Bumblebee actually talking since they fixed his voice at the end of the first, but they just hand-waved it away right from the get go in the sequel. Fuckin' lame.

Hailee Steinfeld will fix it!

9 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Transformers 1 is one of the premier modern summer popcorn films.

For starters, it has the most revolutionary special fx of any big film in the last 10-15 years. In the 2000s, how often are we TRULY wow'd by FXany more? Transformers 1 is the last time I thought to myself "holy shit" due to special fx. Bay unleashed in TF1 produced unreal action. It's also fucking hilarious. LaBuff, Fox, his parents, Torturo, etc are all great.

The sequels are all awful. But there is no denying that Transformers 1 was magic in a bottle.

The moment Torturo enters the scene it goes downhill.

Transformers movies are an easy target to go on a big blockbusters rant. Just in this thread I've seen a lot of "I've really enjoyed it therefore I'm giving it the lousy C- grade" kind of comments like some people are afraid to admit that they've had a blast watching them back then and now they have to conform with other people's opinions lest they be considered silly for liking these "dumb" blockbusters.

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it, who knows.

Anyway, my grades:

Transformers1 -  9.5

Transformers2 -  7

Transformers3 -  9

Transformers4 - 8 (I gotta watch it again sometime though, it's the only one I've only watched once so it might change. The others are pretty much set into stone though)

• Like 2