baumer

Transformers Last Knight 5.5m in previews...WW 5.45 -37% from last Tuesday

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This is actually sad to read. The man is in full denial. Next he will be seen saying that they will do 6 more Star Trek sequels lmao. 

Just now, grey ghost said:

Now Paramount only has Star Trek and Mission Impossible as their only major franchises.

RIP

the last Star Trek didn't even double its budget worldwide. TF5 will definitely be more successful than that. 

I question if Bumblebee is even making 30M on OW :lol: It has the makings of a movie better than Bay's, but nobody cares about Transformers domestically. Gianopulos probably knows that it shouldn't have a budget higher than 150M.

Is this being designated as the weekend thread or is there a weekend thread out there I can't seem to find?

Can someone direct me to the weekend thread if this isn't it? Can't find it on mobile. Thank you! :)

Peace,
Mike

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I question if Bumblebee is even making 30M on OW :lol: It has the makings of a movie better than Bay's, but nobody cares about Transformers domestically. Gianopulos probably knows that it shouldn't have a budget higher than 150M.

Wait, you think that is actually moving forward after this weekend?! Hilarious stuff buddy, did you ever considered doing stand up comedy?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MikeQ said:

Is this being designated as the weekend thread or is there a weekend thread out there I can't seem to find?

Can someone direct me to the weekend thread if this isn't it? Can't find it on mobile. Thank you! :)

Peace,
Mike

No, this is the Wednesday numbers thread. We will only create a weekend thread on Friday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Now Paramount only has Star Trek and Mission Impossible as their only major franchises.

RIP

Star Trek being called a major franchise

mj-laughing.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Wait, you think that is actually moving forward after this weekend?! Hilarious stuff buddy, did you ever considered doing stand up comedy?

isn't that movie already about to start production?? I think it will go forward but they need to slash the budget to something like 100 million

5 minutes ago, The Mummified Panda said:

They aren't even making the Transformers movies with the US in mind really, it'll still made a nice profit.

Not sure how truth that is, the american toy market is special and ridiculous by capita versus the rest of the planet:

http://www.licensingexpo.com/sites/www.licensingexpo.com/files/static-files/i1_708.jpg

A company like Hasbro in particular, in 2014  47.7% of the world sales were in the US (so I would imagine more than half were from the domestic market)

http://csimarket.com/stocks/segments_geo.php?code=HAS

Those movie tend to have american actor, american flags everywhere, the USA being a major part of were the story happen, US military, etc..., it is Bay auteurship but it is also having those market in mind and product placement having the US market in mind.

Piggybacking off of someone who did this, my take on Summer 2017 in a nutshell:

Wonder Woman's performance:

tumblr_o9hyr9UVC21uorz8zo5_250.gif

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2's performance:

giphy.gif

Everything, Everything's performance:

giphy.gif

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie's performance:

3Dv74.gif

Alien: Covenant's performance:

CchCxw6.gif

Baywatch's performance:

tumblr_o68h7geSCd1uu1irqo1_500.gif

Cars 3's performance:

Cars-3-Lightning-McQueen-Crash-GIF.gif?r

King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword's performance:

Jax-cry-11.gif

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' performance:

jack-sparrow-63944.gif

Snatched's performance:

635815963333616492-69723039_4e40c38ff730

The Mummy's performance (DOM, at least):

PFehOVZ.gif

and last but not least, Transformers: The Last Knight's performance:

tumblr_lnm9ubNEQe1qa7rkm.gif

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 15

Just now, John Marston said:

isn't that movie already about to start production?? I think it will go forward but they need to slash the budget to something like 100 million

I will only believe it when I actually sit down in a theater and watch it. Not even trailers and pictures from them filming it can convince me it moved forward.

Just now, John Marston said:

Not sure a low budget Transformer movie make much sense, it is a franchise that is a bit inherently costly, or you get something like the last power rangers movie.

Just now, CJohn said:

I will only believe it when I actually sit down in a theater and watch it. Not even trailers and pictures from them filming it can convince me it moved forward.

l

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure how truth that is, the american toy market is special and ridiculous by capita versus the rest of the planet:

http://www.licensingexpo.com/sites/www.licensingexpo.com/files/static-files/i1_708.jpg

A company like Hasbro in particular, in 2014  47.7% of the world sales were in the US (so I would imagine more than half were from the domestic market)

http://csimarket.com/stocks/segments_geo.php?code=HAS

Those movie tend to have american actor, american flags everywhere, the USA being a major part of were the story happen, US military, etc..., it is Bay auteurship but it is also having those market in mind and product placement having the US market in mind.

do you know if Paramount makes any money from the toys? AT least the ones directly based on the movie?

No, this is the Wednesday numbers thread. We will only create a weekend thread on Friday.

Cool cool, thank you! But also this is the Tuesday numbers thread right?

Deadline has early Wednesday projections for Transformers - do we discuss that here even though it would be Wednesday numbers and there is no weekend thread until Friday?

Peace,
Mike

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

obviously not very good for Transformers. Guess people are finally tired of the franchise. I can still see them going forward with the next one since Paramount doesn't have much. They will probably move it to some more empty month and control the budget. 

Or maybe they will  decide to cut their losses.It could go either way.