baumer

Transformers Last Knight 5.5m in previews...WW 5.45 -37% from last Tuesday

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Not the way the film  seems to be underperforming......

I know the idea that a Tranformers film will not be a big hit is hard to grasp but try.....

Its going to make at least 600 to 700 mil WW, minimum, it will be fine. Not what Paramount wanted of course, but far from a bad result.

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

There are only three major studios now.

Universal

Warner Bros

and the Mouse

Why not Fox if universal make the cut?, they are a bit bigger (in revenue and ebida)

https://www.21cf.com/sites/default/files/uploaded/investors/annual-reports/2016_21cf_annual_report.pdf

http://www.cmcsa.com/secfiling.cfm?filingID=1193125-16-452423

In 2015 and 2014

Fox Filmed Entertainment ................................................................ 8,505 9,525

Univresal Filmed Entertainment......................................................... 7,287 5,008

Disney studio entertainment was of 7.3 billion for those 2 year.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

Paramount's releasing TF5 here in Sweden on the one day most theaters are closed (and the one in my area that's open closes after 4). It's even being advertised as a Saturday release.

6 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

He's still going to make a ton of money off this movie, as will Paramount.

Audiences wised up to Bay's creative bankruptcy and tired of him taking a huge, steaming dump on them for 2 and half hours.

Yes it took 4 sequels and an entire decade.

and yes Bay made half a billion in the process.

But...

...I forgot what I was gonna say. :sadben:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I would wait until Friday before declaring the movie dead in America. :) Transformers 3 was the first big film I followed on Box Office Mojo forums, and people thought it was disappointing opening day, but then the weekend came..

Even if it follows DOTM, the OD will be by far the biggest day of the entire run. If the OD ends up being 15M (lets say it gets to 17M thanks to strong late shows), that caps the weekend at the mid-40s.

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Why not Fox if universal make the cut?, they are a bit bigger (in revenue and ebida)

https://www.21cf.com/sites/default/files/uploaded/investors/annual-reports/2016_21cf_annual_report.pdf

http://www.cmcsa.com/secfiling.cfm?filingID=1193125-16-452423

In 2015 and 2014

Fox Filmed Entertainment ................................................................ 8,505 9,525

Univresal Filmed Entertainment......................................................... 7,287 5,008

Disney studio entertainment was of 7.3 billion for those 2 year.

Yeah Fox is definitely one of the big boys.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

How many franchises survive after a fourth sequel?

Seems like that's typically when franchise fatigue kicks into supernova mode.

Fast and Furious is, of course, the biggest exception. In terms of franchises that didn't reinvent themselves, Saw didn't totally collapse until the 6th film.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Cool cool, thank you! But also this is the Tuesday numbers thread right?

Deadline has early Wednesday projections for Transformers - do we discuss that here even though it would be Wednesday numbers and there is no weekend thread until Friday?

Peace,
Mike

We should start a new thread for Wednesday numbers. To be honest I thought someone was going to but I've been off the forums the last few hours. 

Anyone can do it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

I'm confused why this premise is an actual thing. People aren't going to see WW because Gadot was falsely rumored to have made millions less than Cavill? It makes no sense. 

Feminist watch this movie because its about equality and females finally as a lead of a superhero movie.

But if the actresses is being treated unfairly compared to a man, the whole pro-equality effect is gone.

I was looking at the credits for the upcoming BUMBLEBEE movie...some of the writers' previous efforts made me laugh.

Like, we have the director of KUBO mixed in with the writer for SHUT IN and UNFORGETTABLE and basically everyone who wrote the script for THE LAST KNIGHT.

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Gianopoulos is a veteran dude with a ton of experience and key connections. I'd be surprised if he isn't able to turn Paramount around. 

Isn't your name Greek also?

A8cgEc7.jpg

I think I found Tele's alternate ego. 

• Like 1

Paramount has a lot coming up.  Daddy's Home 2, Action Point, Bumblebee and future TF installments provided they're at least good, MI6, God Particle, Overlord, Spongebob, Loud House, Annihilation, World War Z 2, Top Gun 2, all have the potential for 100M. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Mother! or Suburbicon break out.  Gianopulos is a very good executive too with a lot of experience.  I think he can turn them around.

• Like 2