CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World II OS Thread

If the film is well received and delivers on the action/dinosaur front, it has a really high chance to reach 1 Billion OS i think (and hope). It may decline in many territories from the first JW, but it has also some markets to grow (especially China, i believe it will explode there).

• Like 1

I'm going to say $1 billion OS, making it Universal's second consecutive $1 billion earner internationally. It will decrease in several markets because of the exchange rates, but I can see it doing $300+ million in China this time. First one had great WOM but legs were cut short by protection period. Almost beat AoU in China despite a ~40% lower opening. Major blockbusters get an extension from 1 month these days in China, so hopefully JW2 gets one this time.

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 1

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, to be released on June 22, 2018. "Life finds a way" with Jeff Goldblum on board.

New name sounds a bit Transformers-like, hope it doesn't go that way. I say 75% chance to reach 1 billion if ER doesn't collapse.

My 2000th post :D

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, Son Tung M-TP said:

Could this movie outgross Star Wars: The Last Jedi worldwide?

Unlikely, but not impossible. It will drop hard domestically and also in many OS markets, regardless of quality. Though it can increase a lot in many Asian markets and it could explode in China. Id say 1B WW is pretty much assured, it depends on China whether or not it could touch 1,2-1,4B.

50 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Unlikely, but not impossible. It will drop hard domestically and also in many OS markets, regardless of quality. Though it can increase a lot in many Asian markets and it could explode in China. Id say 1B WW is pretty much assured, it depends on China whether or not it could touch 1,2-1,4B.

For example?

40 minutes ago, Son Tung M-TP said:

For example?

The UK's 99M seem unreachable, as well as the 41M from France and the 49M from Germany - the 74M from Japan is also very difficult, but Japan is a total wildcard, it could go either way. Mexico and South Korea are both at 42M, which are also tall orders. Fallen Kingdom needs fantastic reception to even come anywhere near these numbers. JW was the return of JP and severely boosted by nostalgia in the developed markets. The sequel doesnt have that advantage. I think the franchise peaked with the first JW already in the majority of its markets.