MikeQ

Wednesday Numbers (June 21) -- Transformers: $15.66M; Wonder Woman: $3.85M; Cars 3: 4.34M

As usual I will stay away from Transformers talk. Its the obvious whipping boy here. I enjoyed the fifth one so i guess thats all that matters.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

July will be interesting.

Will there be any break outs?

Which of the big three (Spidey, Apes, Nolan) will disappoint?

They can't all be smash hits.

And then the wild cards: Valerian, Atomic Blonde, and Emoji.

Spidey will be a smash

Apes will do about the same as the first two 

Dunkirk, well, I have no idea lol. I don't think it does as well as Interstellar 

Valerian - BOMBS AWAYYYYYYY

Atomic Blond I can see doing John Wick numbers(the first one)

Emoji is another I'm not sure about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think The Emoji Movie will perform similar to Angry Birds. Having a barren marketplace will help it.

Thinking Cloudy 2 numbers ($120M).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DamienRoc said:

My Summer Game is so bad, it could be a Michael Bay film.

Is anyone having a good summer game given how everything is performing? Then again, given the quality of most of these movies, it's hard to argue their fates haven't been deserved.

I would caution

It seemed at First Pirates 5 was crashing but it seems it will do 750 million WW now.

So imo, I would say chill, if it  does below 700 million WW then its a disaster. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

As usual I will stay away from Transformers talk. Its the obvious whipping boy here. I enjoyed the fifth one so i guess thats all that matters.

Glad you're liking it. I'm pretty sure I'll see it at some point, though it'll be after it hits DVD or TV or streaming. I just don't have any interest in following them in theaters anymore.

I'm really curious about Not!Megan Fox, now.

• Like 3

still can't imagine the TF franchise is dead now. Especially if Hasbro is footing some of the budget. If they are then they easily will make it back from toy sales alone and Paramount doesn't have to worry as much as making back the whole budget

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I would caution

It seemed at First Pirates 5 was crashing but it seems it will do 750 million WW now.

So imo, I would say chill, if it  does below 700 million WW then its a disaster. 

What would be break even for TF5? 650?

37 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

July will be interesting.

Will there be any break outs?

Which of the big three (Spidey, Apes, Nolan) will disappoint?

They can't all be smash hits.

And then the wild cards: Valerian, Atomic Blonde, and Emoji.

Spidey will do well but not as crazy as some think I believe. Something like 270m

starting to think Apes and Dunkirk will disappoint

Atomic Blonde will do decent

Valerian and Emoji will bomb

3 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

Glad you're liking it. I'm pretty sure I'll see it at some point, though it'll be after it hits DVD or TV or streaming. I just don't have any interest in following them in theaters anymore.

I'm really curious about Not!Megan Fox, now.

Well English Not Megan Fox is super hot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Is anyone having a good summer game given how everything is performing? Then again, given the quality of most of these movies, it's hard to argue their fates haven't been deserved.

Not the right year for me to predict that a couple of BOT-trashed movies would slightly over-perform with the GA

:kitschjob: 

On the plus side, I had one of the better predictions for WW, but Chewy will likely win that one. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Pirates 5 is having oddly good late legs lol

Why would you say that?  A Father's Day drop doesn't mean much.  It fell 50% in its third weekend.  Lets see how it does this weekend before proclaiming anything about legs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

TF5 might only slightly out gross GOTG2?

What horror of horrors. 

It actually needs a better than 70% hold from Age of Extinction overseas (minus China) and about $300M in China to top GotG2. Domestic is looking like $150M at best .

We'll see how likely those overseas holds are this weekend. 

Just now, Telemachos said:

Not the right year for me to predict that a couple of BOT-trashed movies would slightly over-perform with the GA

On the plus side, I had one of the better predictions for WW, but Chewy will likely win that one. 

I felt pretty good about my 335M predict after OW but with how it's been going so far, I might not get as many points as I'd like.

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Me @ the summer game:

giphy.gif

• Like 1