MikeQ

Wednesday Numbers (June 21) -- Transformers: $15.66M; Wonder Woman: $3.85M; Cars 3: 4.34M

I'm kiiiinda hoping for a situation like with Cars3 last Friday, where the initial projections were for well over 20, for a weekend in the high 60s, but it kept dropping and dropping until we were wondering if it was even going to do 50 before finally getting a slight recovery so we were all, "well, it's not so bad, really."

So, c'mon TF5. Give me that 13m OD. 12m OD. Really make us wonder how far it's going to crater.

• Like 1

Just now, DamienRoc said:

I'm kiiiinda hoping for a situation like with Cars3 last Friday, where the initial projections were for well over 20, for a weekend in the high 60s, but it kept dropping and dropping until we were wondering if it was even going to do 50 before finally getting a slight recovery so we were all, "well, it's not so bad, really."

So, c'mon TF5. Give me that 13m OD. 12m OD. Really make us wonder how far it's going to crater.

pvwU9WGLYXFoT_V_NxzGcpRiqlw=.gif

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

The key difference between "midnights" and "previews" right there. A time long gone at this point. :(  

Midnight showings (like for me personally ROTS & TDK) are some of my fondest memories going to the movies. There was an energy to them, waiting in line knowing you'd be tired for work/school tomorrow... That was very unique when it was the first and only option to see it the night before. 

• Like 2

Things aren't looking good right now but I do think that we should all wait until the full 5 day numbers before we bring out the doom and gloom fairy. On the other side I believe that we should actually wait for the international numbers before prematurely declaring it the biggest movie overseas of the year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I need for next weekend to get here so I can stan the crap out of Baby Driver during the weekend thread. Although nothing is really holding me back from doing it this weekend :thinking:

ANSEL POWER

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

I need for next weekend to get here so I can stan the crap out of Baby Driver during the weekend thread. Although nothing is really holding me back from doing it this weekend :thinking:

Baby Driver OD > TF5 OD (without previews) is a real possibility now

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

Stan away. It's going to be very tough for anything to top it for my favorite film of the summer.

• Like 1