MikeQ

Wednesday Numbers (June 21) -- Transformers: $15.66M; Wonder Woman: $3.85M; Cars 3: 4.34M

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Paramount had plenty of time to start caring about the Transformers franchise quality and start giving people something new. They could have done that with T5 but like most studios they ignored the signs that a big decline COULD come just because the 4th one made a ton of money. 

To be fair to Paramount, The Last Knight bring some new interesting elements to the franchise. The execution must have been bad, but some interesting ideas were pitched. They tried.

Thats a normal wednesday drop of 29.3% from tuesday. Although I did expect drops to be somewhat less after the small increase on tuesday. 

This is a 39.3% drop from last wednesday. Very similar to its Tuesday to Tuesday drop

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Meh. Normal drop. Nothing wrong with it.

I expected something about -22/-23%

Civil War had only -14% last year. Furthermore, biggest drop in top-10 last year: -26% TMNT2.

So, I have a concern about it.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

If WW stays flat today and follows last weekend's increases with a 20% drop on Sunday:

7M (+80.1%)

10.1M (+43.6%)

8.1M (-20%)

25.2M Weekend, 40% drop

This is the absolute best case scenario and incredibly unlikely because of the Friday increase. I think it could drop close to 45% this weekend.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Saw TF5 last night, nowhere near as bad as some are saying, but I wouldn't say it's good either :P   me and my friend both had fun with it and she really couldn't care less about Transformers.

Now I can skip this weekend for movies and do other stuff :) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

I expected something about -22/-23%

Civil War had only -14% last year. Furthermore, biggest drop in top-10 last year: -26% TMNT2.

So, I have a concern about it.

TMNT and Civil War weren't losing screens to Transformers on Wednesday though.  The drop is fine.

17 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Wonder Woman grossed an estimated $3.85M on Wednesday. 20-Day total stands at $289.19M.

Holy shit...a Wonder Woman film is going to make 300 milion dollars in the USA. Still fascinating and amazing to me that this is actually happening (and all before I am old enough to retire!!).

Edited by Cochofles

That's a pretty typical Wednesday drop though. I, like others though, thought the drops would be less muted because of small The Tuesday increases were. 

Will be interested to see how the other films fair though before commenting further. Still just a 40% drop from last Wednesday which is remarkable. 

• Like 1