MikeQ

Wednesday Numbers (June 21) -- Transformers: $15.66M; Wonder Woman: $3.85M; Cars 3: 4.34M

What in the bloody hell did I just watch??? The plot makes no sense and the action is basically the last 15 minutes only. There were 3 good jokes, Hopkins was good and Cogsman was good but literally everything else was a huge mess. Not as offensive as ROTF but worse than everything else.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

What in the bloody hell did I just watch??? The plot makes no sense and the action is basically the last 15 minutes only. There were 3 good jokes, Hopkins was good and Cogsman was good but literally everything else was a huge mess. Not as offensive as ROTF but worse than everything else.

Plot sounds like they were high when they wrote it. Looking forward to seeing it

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Plot sounds like they were high when they wrote it. Looking forward to seeing it

I can agree with this, the movie forsakes logic for - I would have said action, but that's not the case - I have no idea.

36 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I can agree with this, the movie forsakes logic for - I would have said action, but that's not the case - I have no idea.

Are you saying there's not a lot of action? Because the trailer looked like all action and no talking at all.  Sounds bad. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Are you saying there's not a lot of action? Because the trailer looked like all action and no talking at all.  Sounds bad. 

Spoiler

There is literally no big action setpiece till halfway through the 3rd act. The first 2 acts have very little action, and it is quick. Robots don't fight each other in earnest till 2 hours 15 minutes into the movie.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT (2017) B+
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION (2014) A-
TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON (2011) A
TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN (2009) B+
TRANSFORMERS (2007) A
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

What in the bloody hell did I just watch???

Dude I literally just finished watching Mulholland Drive and that's exactly what I'm thinking right now except more like

QoqOby7.gif

• Like 2

WONDR out-grossing POTC and TF DOM was expected even a month before WONDR released as I was thinking 200+ for it and below 200 for TF5 and POTC5.

But WONDR beating them WW would be astounding.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

Tough seeing 60+ 5-day with 9.5 True Wednesday.

The previews were a huge ratio of Wednesday and makes Thu drop likely to be big. 

But even using TF2's 53% drop from Wed. That would give TF5 7m on Thu (which btw is just a 26% drop from True Wednesday).

5.5 + 9.5 + 7 (-26%) + 9.5 (+35%) + 12 (+26%) + 9.5 (-21%) = 53

(TF2 was +26%, +10%, -20% on FSS. Have used much better Fri and Sat bumps for TF5.)

Should be trying for 55 5-day.

EDIT:

If TF2's FSS are used from 7m Wed (-53% from Tue like TF2),

8.8 (+26%) + 9.7 (+10%) + 7.75 (-20%) = 26.25 3-day

I know what Wonderful club that might lead to...

Edited by a2knet