John Marston

Thursday Numbers (June 22): TF5 8.1M, Cars 3 4.4M, WW 4M (Deadline)

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I can't be 100% sure but I have a feeling that it's total domestic gross may end up lower than that of Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Crazy kiwi. 

Don't do drugs. 

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I can't be 100% sure but I have a feeling that it's total domestic gross may end up lower than that of Transformers: Age of Extinction.

true. unless it shows a 1000% jump on friday. let's wait before making any crazy predictions eh?

Just now, DeeCee said:

Crazy kiwi. 

Don't do drugs. 

Just now, a2knet said:

true. unless it shows a 1000% jump on friday. let's wait before making any crazy predictions eh?

Sorry guys, I think I got ahead of myself there.

I'll try rein it in a little.

You know you done fucked up the 3-day OW is potentially gonna be smaller or very lightly bigger than the 40M posted by the 10M budgeted Shyamalan/Blumhouse January horror Split starring James McAvoy.

If Paramount doesn't file for bankrupcy two months from now, get Transformers totally rid of Michael Bay already (and I'm not just talking about Bumblebee).

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Paramount is kind of fucked 2018. The only surefire hit they have is Mission Impossible. Bumblebee might flop. I'm betting (and planning eventually a club) that Gnomes will do under SOOW OW ($55M) and Amusement Park will do Stork numbers. Action Point will do decent numbers but won't be a blockbuster.

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Baby Driver should've moved to today.

Honestly, considering that this Summer seems to be abiding by the rule of "good movies win", it might just survive okay opening on June 28th. Despicable Me 3 attracts a different audience, The House probably won't be DOA like Rough Night but it also won't be big and doesn't have that much hype either (it's certainly not going to be matching the likes of Daddy's Home or Get Hard anytime soon... Sisters, tops), and... let's be honest: the Rotten Tomatoes rule does seem to be having some impact on opening weekends this year (even Alien: Covenant started out pretty big on Thursday previews, and It Comes At Night also seemed promising at 1st, but both just happened to lose audience trust along the way). And w/Transformers and Cars dead and WW not big enough to take anything away from it, Baby Driver might actually do not that bad after all.

Too bad that Spider-Man is gonna kill it dead. But ehh.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Eevin said:

This is just...god-awful. RIP Paramount. I don't think anybody could have predicted that TF5's 5-day would go under ROTF's opening day. For Christ's sake, we're looking at a possible $125m total. 

Another 2017 summer movie potentially doing less than Ghostbusters. :);) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Man, the TF franchise is completely dying both domestic and even overseas. This makes Pirates 5's performance look much better in retrospect. But why is there only the TF number and not the other Thursday numbers?

Thu nos never come in this early...or any weekdays number for that matter.

Asgard made an exception for TF5 as it's supposed to be day 2 of a major movie.