grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

So my 7.5 hope was not silly. It could actually do that it could do more. That's a better number for Transformers but I still hesitate to call a movie having a hefty drop from his predecessor a good run.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

This is absolutely going to be a feast or famine summer. GOTG 2, WW, DM3, and Homecoming all 350+, and everything else sub 200 with exception of maybe Dunkirk or Apes sneaking past that. 

No.

8 minutes ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

any one who think Alien Covenant was good has shit taste in cinema

I dont know if id call it good, but I enjoyed it overall.  I may move it down to a C+ though.

There's plenty of moments in Covenant that are really good, and then there's just as many mediocre to downright idiotic moments.

2 minutes ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

Only 60% of the audience liked it? Oof. Looks like I was right

It's not a good number for that site but lets say the real number is 60%.  Let's say 60% of people who saw it liked it. That's 6 out of 10. Does that make you and the other 3 people right and the 6 people wrong? Well, film is subjective so nobody is "right"  but the thing I find funny is that you'd still be in the minority so your claim that everyone thinks it's shit would be inaccurate. 

• Like 3

Just now, The Panda said:

I dont know if id call it good, but I enjoyed it overall.  I may move it down to a C+ though.

There's plenty of moments in Covenant that are really good, and then there's just as many mediocre to downright idiotic moments.

A:C is a solid B. 

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

Small chance, no, no, and no. 

(APES?! Really?)

You want quality for your kid don't you? My 7 year old little cousin was interested in due to the talking apes (:ph34r:and he saw the first one at 1) but not noticing the dark nature.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can we please get another successful hit at the box office? Even them, I'm still sure everyone would be cumming over WW:

Next week: Wow, look at Wonder Woman's 37% drop! Such an amazing run. So fucking good. Yes. DM3 also opened to 100M and Baby Driver to 30M.

July 7: Incredible, Wonder Woman dropped 55% against a 120M opener! Truly a great hold with such weak competition in the marketplace.

July 14: Holy shit, Wonder Woman dropped 65% with the combined wide releases over 80M! I love Gal Gadot!

July 21: INSANITY! Wonder Woman has dropped 10%! There totally wasn't a fudge here with another WB movie! A true testament to a great film by Patty Jenkins.

July 28: Wonder Woman continues proving she's the only female action character with a 25% drop. Just STUNNING!

7e4.jpg

Edited by FTF
  • Like 10

11 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

In all seriousness, life has its "seasons", with some better and some worse.  And the thing about seasons is they all pass.  I know what it's like to have a bad year or two or ten...probably most of this board does, but it gets better...

What I tell my kids...focus on the positives.  Focus on what matters.  In the grand scheme, when it comes to movies, what should matter the most is whether you like the film and got a lot from it...who cares if anyone else saw it and thought the same?  Most people are idiots...and most people would say most people are idiots (yes, somehow that works, even if the Math would be all wrong...but again, that's b/c most people are idiots:)...

Most of my favorite movies of all time aren't critically or box office loved...except for Titanic...and I've disliked or even hated some of the best thought of or highest grossing movies (never get me started on Gone with the Wind...OMG, I can't believe my spouse made me watch it)...but in the grand scheme, who cares if I liked Clue (and I still do - it's STILL awesome!) and disliked Gone with the Wind?  I still got to watch both...and having the time, money, and sometimes people to watch them and discuss them with is all that matters...when you know many folks who can't, it helps to see how much you're blessed.  

PS - Watched a documentary on Netflix about Romania preventing any US movies into the country back in the late Cold War era and the crazy black market for awful US movies that got smuggled in...and you think that's all they had to watch and they loved it b/c it wasn't 24 hour propoganda from the gov...made me REALLY appreciate having the freedom to have SO MANY forms of entertainment at my fingertips...

Oh, and I forgot my last rule that I taught my kids...it's good, especially for this, so I figured I'd share...

Every person, and I mean every person, will be crazily absolutely 100% wrong about AT LEAST one thing in life...and usually more...and that's okay, b/c YOU yourself are also probably 100% wrong about at least one thing you think is completely true.  And that's okay b/c we're all human.  Just b/c you think someone is spectacularly wrong about something doesn't mean you can't be their friend or find value in everything else they are and what they say.  

Okay, off soap box and back to movies (and yes, I accept that I could be 100% wrong about Clue...but I don't think so...those endings were glorious insanity onscreen and Tim Curry sold them!:)

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There was actually this very good indie flick called It Comes at Night that the GA was too casual to check out.

Oh, and Captain Underpants is the best superhero flick of the month.

Nah it's actually pretty average. Very disappointed with it

(although I admit I saw while being SUPER bummed out about a certain bit of news that broke early Tuesday evening, right before I saw it.)

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

You want quality for your kid don't you? My 7 year old little cousin was interested in due to the talking apes (:ph34r:and he saw the first one at 1) but not noticing the dark nature.

Big difference between 7 and 5. :lol: 

I might as well take him to DUNKIRK. 

• Like 5

Just now, Blankments said:

Nah it's actually pretty average. Very disappointed with it

(although I admit I saw while being SUPER bummed out about a certain bit of news that broke early Tuesday evening, right before I saw it.)

:kitschjob: 

:kitschjob: it all.

• Like 1