CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

DMan7 thought WW would do $60-65m OW.... 

I imagine the presence of Hulk isn't going to be a huge boost for Thor, just being better than TDW will see an increase in OW

A lot of people thought that WW would do less then 80m as well. It wasn't until came in that people were less skeptical.

Hulk won't add much of a boost, I do think the film being the best-reviewed of the three Thor films (which is looking possible), will help more then anything. It certainly looks to be the craziest of the three, which should be great. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

People are giving Deadine shit but they've been fairly accurate this last month.

I felt like in the winter and especially March and April they went through a phase where they were dead on. 

But for the month of June and even for last night....they've been back to their good ole Deadline days. Where their numbers (especially the early ones) are way off. 

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

I dont see it hitting 50. Based on 45 it should do about 116-118.

Since I've predicted last week my prediction still counts for the contest, right?

Link to my prediction:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24045-spider-man-homecoming-400m-domestic-club-this-club-will-close-at-midnight-tonight/?do=findComment&comment=3088103

Edited by iJackSparrow

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I dont see it hitting 50. Based on 45 it should do about 116-118.

That sounds about right, people are really overlooking that this is a Spider-Man movie.  It's bound to have a more frontloaded IM, especially when it has a large preview number.

If it can hit near 50m then I think that puts 120m+ on the table.

• Like 3

I have no idea what it will do but if it's frontloaded then no 45mil would not be "too low." There's no such thing. Any film can experience frontloading. That all being said, I take any early numbers with a grain of salt.

Despicable Me 3 is looking at an estimated $34M in weekend two, -53%, after $10.5M today for a total by Sunday of $149.1M. Warner Bros./DC’s Wonder Woman isn’t being bullied by Spider-Man in the marketplace with an estimated weekend six that’s poised to be -30% with $11M and a potential total by Sunday of $369.7M.

• Like 7

DOCTOR STRANGE did 85 / 2.73x / 232 as an original with seemingly much better reception than THOR:DW.

THOR:DARK WORLD  did 85.7 / 2.4x / 206.4.

Considering THOR:R will have a higher OW than THOR:DW due to Hulk, I don't think it can go much higher than 2.4x despite better reception, due to sequelitis.

100 / 2.35x / 235 would be good. If not for Hulk or if not assuming better reception, I would expect staying flat or decreasing from THOR:DW.

It will be sharing spoils with JL too.

Edited by a2knet

• Community Manager
39 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Spider-Man: Homecoming is THE BEST Spider-Man film ever and one of the best MCU films of all time. I've watched two times and going for a third this weekend, and while I was prepared for Holland to absolute kill it, nothing has prepared me for how fucking amazing Keaton's Toomes would be. The fact that it keeps climbing at Rotten Tomatoes and the box office is like a fucking dream come true. I can't believe what I saw it and I can't believe what I'm seeing. SPIDER-MAN IS FINALLY HOME AND HE IS GOING TO CRUSH EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Rating: 5/5

So much better than the Amazing Shit-man staring Andrew Garfield. 

So proud of Sony for getting it right this time. Hail Amy Pascal. What a great producer.

• Like 2