CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

John Malkovich would've been the vulture. Obviously it would be good. I like Keaton and looking forward to seeing him but fucking MALKOVICH.

WAIT WHAT

I ALWAYS KNEW THE VULTURE WOULD'VE BEEN IN IT BUT NOT MALKOVICH

Image result for john malkovich con air gif

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

It's crazy how it's always been since BOM's beginning and the LOTR fans that the fanboys for whatever the current biggest franchise is are always the most insecure. Marvelites here low-key worse than the DC folks. There's a fair amount of haters but they spend a lot of time whining about hypothetical arguments more than anything.

When people attack Marvel fans...

Spoiler

j7x1F6C.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I don't think I've seen anyone say superhero fatigue is setting in for a fair few months now. On the flip-side, people saying that superhero fatigue is not a thing pops up in just about every thread.

I think like 6 months ago I mentioned superhero fatigue could eventually be a thing (I don't think I was even implying 2017), and that seemed to be the sentiment most had (I also stand by it.  Eventually, maybe post-Infinity War you'll see some effects).

Still, the people shouting that "Ha superhero is not a thing!" seem to be bragging to the wind.

26 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Why are we doing ratings every single time? 

This is typical when everyone is eagerly awaiting results ..... typical of a DC/Marvel Weekend.

This is the least of the problem, wait until the result comes out .... :blink:

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

It's crazy how it's always been since BOM's beginning and the LOTR fans that the fanboys for whatever the current biggest franchise is are always the most insecure. Marvelites here low-key worse than the DC folks. There's a fair amount of haters but they spend a lot of time whining about hypothetical arguments more than anything.

Theyre insecure because they know deep down all popular things cycle, since Marvel's on the top the only place it'll have to go in a few years is down.

Just now, The Panda said:

Theyre insecure because they know deep down all popular things cycle, since Marvel's on the top the only place it'll have to go in a few years is down.

NOTHING CAN STOP ME I'M ALLLLLLL THE WAY UP

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I don't think I've seen anyone say superhero fatigue is setting in for a fair few months now. On the flip-side, people saying that superhero fatigue is not a thing pops up in just about every thread.

We've had to listen to everyone from bloggers to Hollywood insiders to journalist bring up superhero fatigue since Dubya was president.

And this is probably the best year for superhero movies in history.

So let us have this one. :P

12 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Superhero fatigue will be setting in, shortly. 

You just wait and see...

Seems funny now but after last year I thought it would be nuts to assume 2017 will have 0 animations crossing 250. Unless Coco really surprises, that's gonna happen.

Beginning of the year I thought DM3, Lego Bat and Coco had a good chance to go north of 250. With DM3 having a great shot at 300+ once upon a time and Lego Bat having a small shot at it.

Not that I expect SHs to slow down anytime, but a lean year could unexpectedly butt in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Subzero said:

This is typical when everyone is eagerly awaiting results ..... typical of a DC/Marvel Weekend.

This is the least of the problem, wait until the result comes out .... :blink:

I am both anticipating and dreading November 2017. :P The board will probably implode and the Internetz will erupt out of existence with the fanboy wars...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Seems funny now but after last year I thought it would be nuts to assume 2017 will have 0 animations crossing 250. Unless Coco really surprises, that's gonna happen.

Beginning of the year I thought DM3, Lego Bat and Coco had a good chance to go north of 250. With DM3 having a great shot at 300+ once upon a time and Lego Bat having a small shot at it.

Not that I expect SHs to slow down anytime, but a lean year could unexpectedly butt in.

I'm curious about that happens after the next two Avengers' movies.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

we'd have to watch Kirsten Dunst get kidnapped for a fourth time and 38 year old Tobey Maguire starting to get too fat for the Spider-suit.

is that what you took from the raimi films? that MJ gets kindapped a lot and that Tobey looked good in the suit? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I am both anticipating and dreading November 2017. :P The board will probably implode and the Internetz will erupt out of existence with the fanboy wars...

Joss Whedon is the chosen one to unite us all. 

13 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Probably something to do with the doom and gloom when Deadline posts their way too early preview numbers and then way too early Friday numbers, cue the "what went wrong!?" talk, followed by something along the lines of some type of fatigue starting to set in talk. Then all of that is quickly proven wrong and we rinse and repeat, see you again come November when all hell breaks loose on here for Thor and Justice League!

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I legit do not understand where the hatred of the Raimi films come from. Blah blah opinions and all that, but they're SO GOOD.

I thought those movies were getting a lot of love from this forum.

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I'll take that over just about any other fandom. :sparta:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I legit do not understand where the hatred of the Raimi films come from. Blah blah opinions and all that, but they're SO GOOD.

SpiderMan 2 is a film that suffered due to all these new superhero movies coming out. Looking back at it now, it's problems become really obvious.

• Like 1