CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Just now, narniadis said:

Not saying it wasn't expected just that sheesh there has been no staying power it is literally the Covenant of June in regards to holds. 

Let's not talk crazy...Aliens OW to total BO multiplier is about 2.04X and it's pretty much out of theaters...Transformers (even subtracting the 1st 2 days of BO to be totally fair or its multiplier would be way higher) is 2.12X OW and still growing...so, it's not fair for it to be Aliens...Aliens is in its own class:)...

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Nearly improbable but interesting scenario : SM:H stays #1 for 4 weekends

1. 130 ow
  2. 61/-53% (over Apes ow)
  3. 36.5/-40% (over Dunkirk and Val ows)
  4. 23.75/-35% (over Emoji and AB ows, and Dunkirk 2nd weekend)

Then there's Dark Tower the following week...so my fantasy stops here.

Your fantasy will meet reality much faster than SMH's fifth weekend.

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

I almost feel like Sony has conflicting information and went with the lower # so as not to lose face later if it was right.

Yeah looks like they been low balling everything ...

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

It's quite astounding when you think about it. Particularly when you consider that female skewing flicks and superhero films are some of the non-leggiest films around. 

Well, you got the 2nd part right...1st part....ummmm, I think you meant male:)...

7 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

By the way, with Friday estimates, Wonder Woman has hit a 3.50 multiplier, and today (i.e. with Saturday numbers) it will pass Spider-Man (3.52) and GOTG (3.53) to become the leggiest comic book film of the 21st century. And it hasn't needed to crawl to that milestone - it still has more of its run to go.

Peace,

Mike

Incredible run. Curious to see if it can reach $400m. 

• Like 1

Just now, narniadis said:

@a2knet after looking at the showdown on Mojo the Friday increase for DM3 isn't good. Particularly when comparing to Dm2 and Minions which opened later in the calendar. 

I think that's partly due to very strong Thu. Cause it's 2nd weekend will show about a 48% drop, which is far better than Minions (-57.4%) and better than Cap Underpants (49%) which was an original and putting smaller numbers.

DM2 dropped 47.4% in the 2nd weekend despite a wed opening softening the ow.

29 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

#creativefreedom

It doesn't prove it'll be good but I have a hell of a lot more faith in Fox right now than I do the MCU

Fox can do adult themed SH movies (Logan, Deadpool).

But nobody does family friendly better than Marvel Studios (GotG, SMH).

And Fantastic Four belongs in MCU. Characters like Dr Doom, Silver Surfer, Skrulls, Kang, Reed Richards, The Thing rub elbows with Spider-man, Hulk, Dr. Strange, and the Avengers all the time.

It's a goshdarn tragedy they didn't appear in Civil War or Infinity War.

Fox was too busy spraying explosive diarrhea over the Fantastic Four characters and completely wasting everybody's time.

• Like 2

Just went by my local theater and oh boy is the parking lot packed! There were buses upon buses of little kids from summer camps streaming into the theater. 

No doubt Spider-man is looking at a huge Saturday folks. It's gonna be bigly.  :popcorn:

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, narniadis said:

It's quite astounding when you think about it. Particularly when you consider that female skewing flicks and superhero films are some of the non-leggiest films around. 

Hidden Figures and Bad Moms would like to have a talk with you.

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

Just went by my local theater and oh boy is the parking lot packed! There were buses upon buses of little kids from summer camps streaming into the theater. 

No doubt Spider-man is looking at a huge Saturday folks. It's gonna be bigly.  :popcorn:

UNDERCOVER BKB.

• Like 6

Just now, Nova said:

You don't even have pictures

fake news Nova

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nova said:

It turns out they were all there for The Big Dick

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

it-s-gonna-be-yuge-trump-tee-2.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Parking lot reports! Keep them coming! Upload pics too!